Sr. Specialist, Regulatory Affairs
Regulatory | New York, NY | Full Time
We’re FORMA. An incubator, accelerator, and curator of today’s beauty brands.
We celebrate, support, and seek those changing the world through creative expression. Each brand in our portfolio is thoughtfully selected, acquired, or created because of the products it offers, the stories it tells, and the beauty it spreads.
We’re a team made of: Equal parts thinkers and doers. Visionaries and operators. Strategists and creatives— we're united by a fierce entrepreneurial spirit. Our dive in, roll your sleeves up, get your hands' dirty approach to every project leads to extraordinary outcomes, and to some of the most popular beauty products on shelves today. We're a creative, professional, highly collaborative, seasoned, well-oiled team. We're in the business of beauty for a reason. There's nothing our team of 200+ people loves more than a good challenge, a great product, and the opportunity to make, celebrate, and spread beauty at scale.
This position can be based in NYC, Los Angeles or San Francisco.
Summary of Position:
The Senior Specialist, Regulatory is responsible for supporting new product development projects to ensure compliance. Oversees regulatory functions for assigned projects, reviewing technical documentation, validating formula compliance, approving artwork, and partnering with cross-functional groups to deliver successful launches.
Supports compliance on brand launches from development to launch
- Reviews and evaluates ingredient lists from vendors for international compliance.
- Creates formatted ingredient lists for on-pack labeling.
- Maintain product folders, requesting and filing technical information necessary for Regulatory document control (Ingredient Lists, Testing Reports, Artwork, Supplier Documentation, Registration records)
- Reviews and approves product artwork for each assigned project.
- Provides guidance to Product Development team and contract manufacturers throughout the timeline.
- Helps support the Senior Manager, Product Testing, to develop the appropriate testing requirements.
Provides Regulatory support for international registration.
- Review and maintain technical raw material documentation for compliance to domestic and international regulations (COAs, TDS, Spec Sheets etc.)
- Support product registration, assisting with dossiers and completing cosmetic notifications for domestic and international product launches.
- Attends internal meetings, provide cross-functional updates and communication, manage internal/external timelines.
- Supplies necessary Regulatory information to wholesale partners for international distribution, maintaining dossiers with raw material and technical formula information.
Key Working Relationships:
- Collaboration with Product Development, Brand, and Packaging
- Close relationship with the other members of the Regulatory team, including Product Testing and Product Registration.
Required Skills & Experience:
- College degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years of Regulatory Affairs experience.
- Experience within Personal Care industry is preferred.
- Experience with OTC and global requirements is preferred.
- Strong written communication skills, especially detail-oriented and technical material.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with diverse groups of people at various levels within Forma and our third -party partners.
- Ability to meet deadlines while being flexible to changes in priorities and interruptions.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills to complete assignments accurately.
- Full usability of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint).
- 5-10% when necessary for brand or team meetings.
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.