Sr. Specialist, Production
Sourcing and Production | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
We’re FORMA. An incubator, accelerator, and curator of today’s beauty brands.
We celebrate, support, and seek those changing the world through creative expression. Each brand in our portfolio is thoughtfully selected, acquired, or created because of the products it offers, the stories it tells, and the beauty it spreads.
We’re a team made of: Equal parts thinkers and doers. Visionaries and operators. Strategists and creatives— we're united by a fierce entrepreneurial spirit. Our dive in, roll your sleeves up, get your hands' dirty approach to every project leads to extraordinary outcomes, and to some of the most popular beauty products on shelves today. We're a creative, professional, highly collaborative, seasoned, well-oiled team. We're in the business of beauty for a reason. There's nothing our team of 200+ people loves more than a good challenge, a great product, and the opportunity to make, celebrate, and spread beauty at scale.
FORMA has a flexible work program designed to create options for our corporate team-members, which provide greater flexibility, additional well-being + work life balance options, and allows us the ability to widen our talent pool + increase diversity in our organization.
Our workspaces are not limited to our offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York + London . We know our team-members want flexibility, with the ability to maintain a physical space to connect + collaborate with each other. We have adapted our ways of working + found the value in the flexibility it provides. Our team-members work with their leaders to determine the best fit for the needs of their role – whether that’s in a hybrid capacity or fully remote.
Summary of Position: Manage and support production related activities for New Brands. Collaborate with internal partners and external suppliers to deliver on time, adequate, and quality inventory. Includes turnkey and non-turnkey purchasing. Create, distribute and monitor purchase orders, track, and problem solve production issues both for new product launches and replenishment orders supporting overall company growth.
- Key contact for suppliers, focused on building strong collaborative supplier relationships (20%)
- Manage production timelines for new launch to ensure on time execution and delivery of all new product launches. (20%)
- Actively track and maintain updates for all open purchase orders (PO’s) in Netsuite; inform cross-functional teams of any delivery changes in a timely manner with sense of urgency (10%)
- Review and issue new purchase orders for monthly Open to Buy with Inventory Management team to understand demand to support required inventory levels for all distribution network and channels (10%)
- Responsible for insuring all non-turnkey components and packaging arrive at filler/assembler in a timely manner to meet finished goods production completion date (5%)
- Work with Suppliers to establish and maintain safety stock on components and/or raw materials to shorten leadtime. (5%)
- Responsible for keeping order management system current and accurate with purchase order information including estimated In-DC delivery dates (10%)
- Post receipts for delivery of non-turnkey components at filler factories (5%)
- Partner with distribution team to resolve receiving issues (5%)
- Review shipping status with Logistic Team and provide deliveries status to cross function teams. (5%)
- Attend and participate in weekly supplier production calls and internal Daily Ops meetings (5%)
Key Working Relationships:
- Sourcing Team
- Distribution Center
- Transportation Team
- Inventory Management Team
- Channel Planning Team
- 3PL Team
- Brand Team
- Creative Team
- Finance Team
Required Skills & Experience:
- 3 + years production or purchasing experience in Cosmetics, Personal Care, or Health & Beauty is required
- Experience working with suppliers in both turnkey and non-turnkey environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and both written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and data integrity with sense of urgency
- Demonstrate potential in problem solving, negotiation, and analytical skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills; able to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to work in fast-paced, often-changing environment
- Ability to work well with cross functional teams
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint); ability to deliver strong, polished, effective PowerPoint presentations.
Travel Requirements: As required
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.