Sr. Specialist, Packaging Development and Engineering (Contract)
Packaging | New York, NY | Contract
We’re FORMA. An incubator, accelerator, and curator of today’s beauty brands.
We celebrate, support, and seek those changing the world through creative expression. Each brand in our portfolio is thoughtfully selected, acquired, or created because of the products it offers, the stories it tells, and the beauty it spreads.
We’re a team made of: Equal parts thinkers and doers. Visionaries and operators. Strategists and creatives— we're united by a fierce entrepreneurial spirit. Our dive in, roll your sleeves up, get your hands' dirty approach to every project leads to extraordinary outcomes, and to some of the most popular beauty products on shelves today. We're a creative, professional, highly collaborative, seasoned, well-oiled team. We're in the business of beauty for a reason. There's nothing our team of 200+ people loves more than a good challenge, a great product, and the opportunity to make, celebrate, and spread beauty at scale.
The Sr. Specialist, Packaging Development and Engineering is responsible for conceptualizing, engineering, drawing and executing custom component development. He/she will work closely with the product development team to bring innovative packaging to market to meet business needs. Lead the technology discovery phase of packaging intensive projects working with factories to ensure that all packaging is produced within Morphe quality standards.
- Working with Sourcing on primary stock components.
- Oversees the on-going quality for the new and existing components and supports factory to trouble shoot any on-going issues.
- Conceptualize new components and dispensing systems.
- Responsible for the Packaging function and compatibility tests
- Work with factories to ensure the designs are produced according to the specified drawings.
- Communicate any issues or risk in a timely manner to Sr. Management.
- Provide solutions or guidance for business owners to make decisions.
- Works closely with china team to trouble shoot any on-going quality issues.
- Support sourcing managers to launch the new products through the development stage.
- Perform on-site factory line trials if needed.
- Improve and value engineer for existing components.
- BS in Packaging Science/BS in Mechanical Engineering
- Strong technical packaging development experience
- Good project management skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- 3+ years of packaging experience within the Health and Beauty industry
- Experience with model (SLA/FDM) making a plus
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.
No recruitment agencies, please.