Sr. Specialist, 3rd Party Inventory + Operations
Supply Chain & Operations | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
We’re FORMA. An incubator, accelerator, and curator of today’s beauty brands.
We celebrate, support, and seek those changing the world through creative expression. Each brand in our portfolio is thoughtfully selected, acquired, or created because of the products it offers, the stories it tells, and the beauty it spreads.
We’re a team made of: Equal parts thinkers and doers. Visionaries and operators. Strategists and creatives— we're united by a fierce entrepreneurial spirit. Our dive in, roll your sleeves up, get your hands' dirty approach to every project leads to extraordinary outcomes, and to some of the most popular beauty products on shelves today. We're a creative, professional, highly collaborative, seasoned, well-oiled team. We're in the business of beauty for a reason. There's nothing our team of 200+ people loves more than a good challenge, a great product, and the opportunity to make, celebrate, and spread beauty at scale.
We are seeking an experienced supply chain professional with a background in supply planning, inventory management, and purchasing. In this role, you will ensure FORMA is providing the best-in-class consumer experience by managing vendor purchasing, optimizing inbound flows and maintaining healthy inventory levels through data-driven analysis and decision making, and building relationships with our vendors, fulfillment centers and internal cross-functional teams. You will get to work alongside equally smart, passionate, and highly motivated entrepreneurs as we continue to build FORMA’s future.
- Set and execute inventory management/supply plan on a regular basis and communicate potential inventory risks or customer service gaps to cross functional partners.
- Set, monitor and adjust minimum inventory levels by SKU for inventory-based vendors to achieve sales, inventory turn and fill rate objectives.
- Perform supply chain functions to improve service levels, reduce cost, optimize inventory levels, and freight spend.
- Look for ways to improve efficiency of data analysis and reporting. Implement tools, spreadsheets that will help to analyze data efficiently.
- Attend ad-hoc meetings as needed. Align supply with demand/promotional activities towards achieving targets. Secure PO's aligned to monthly targets.
- Review Forecast vs. Actual sales for assigned products.
- Analyze and identify slow moving inventory and attend meetings with the individual teams to determine disposition and liquidation strategies.
- Analyze key metrics including vendor fill rate and lead time to maintain inventory in-stocks and turn.
- Attend and participate in cross-functional meetings with key suppliers and/or vendors.
- Help propose inventory investments in key brands in order to improve customer experience, drive sales & profit.
- Work cross-functionally with the merchandise/brand, planning, production, and logistics teams to plan merchandise flow and channel management.
- Communicate large inbound purchase orders with receiving team at the warehouse.
- Discuss defective goods with inspection or quality control personnel, vendors/suppliers and others to determine the origin and take corrective action.
- Assist the allocation team and provide back-up when necessary.
- Work with management and cross-functional partners on ad-hoc supply chain projects as needed.
Key Working Relationships:
- Merchandising/Brand teams
- Third Party Vendors
- Production and Sourcing
- Distribution and Transportation
- Project Management
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent work experience within supply chain
- 2-5 years of work experience in supply or demand planning or inventory management is a requirement
- Exceptional problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills that demonstrates proven ability to read, analyze, interpret and distill large volumes of information into an easily digestible and actionable format, and to clearly communicate and present that information to stakeholders of all levels across the company
- Possesses an ability to understand financial measurements and how to impact them
- Strong analytical and mathematical abilities
- Self-motivated and has strong sense of urgency
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel required
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.