Sr. Manager, Wholesale Sales (Ulta)
Wholesale | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
We’re FORMA. An incubator, accelerator, and curator of today’s beauty brands.
We celebrate, support, and seek those changing the world through creative expression. Each brand in our portfolio is thoughtfully selected, acquired, or created because of the products it offers, the stories it tells, and the beauty it spreads.
We’re a team made of: Equal parts thinkers and doers. Visionaries and operators. Strategists and creatives— we're united by a fierce entrepreneurial spirit. Our dive in, roll your sleeves up, get your hands' dirty approach to every project leads to extraordinary outcomes, and to some of the most popular beauty products on shelves today. We're a creative, professional, highly collaborative, seasoned, well-oiled team. We're in the business of beauty for a reason. There's nothing our team of 200+ people loves more than a good challenge, a great product, and the opportunity to make, celebrate, and spread beauty at scale.
Summary of Position:
The Senior Manager, Wholesale Sales (Ulta), will lead and manage the Morphe account at Ulta, a leading, national-level retailer with over 1100 stores in the U.S. They will be responsible for ensuring retail sales, revenue and profit targets are met and will assume full ownership and oversight for the channel P&L.
As the primary business owner, they will oversee all elements of the partnership, developing “win/win” sales and merchandising strategies that benefit both Morphe and Ulta. They will partner internally, and with the Ulta buying team, to develop 360-degree launch plans to help bring new products to life, gaining maximum exposure across all touch-points. In addition, they will develop strategies and tactics to build the Core business within both the store and digitally, delighting the Ulta guest wherever he/she is shopping. This will include, but not be limited to, the creation of marketing and advertising strategies, promotional activities, visual strategy, education and events. They will also manage the Wholesale Specialist, Ulta.
- Primary business owner and key contact for the Ulta corporate team. Operate as the “champion” of the Ulta business at Morphe, partnering with the internal team to ensure the need of the channel are met
- Responsible for ensuring that maximum exposure is gained for Morphe across all relevant channel marketing vehicles such as customer mailers, on Ulta.com, in social channels and through incremental in-store merchandising opportunities
- Act as the “guardian” of the Morphe business at Ulta, always striving to bring the brand to life in the most appropriate way
- Lead all key business meetings with the Ulta team, including quarterly business reviews and market week meetings, sharing relevant learning’s and insights to continually grow the business
- Grow the Morphe brand visibility on-line, striving to always improve the guest shopping experience
- Utilize outstanding relationship building and negotiation skills to ensure both Morphe and channel needs are met, and deadlines are adhered to
- Responsible for delivering retail sales and revenue to agreed, budgeted targets
- Partner closely with internal planning to develop retail sales and revenue plans by category, providing insight and direction from a channel perspective
- Work with Ulta buying and planning team on the development and alignment of joint sales plans, monitoring weekly, monthly and quarterly receipts to ensure that inventory is optimized, and targets are met / exceeded
- Lead all relevant sales reporting to the wider business, interpreting the data to identify relevant areas of strength, weakness and opportunity
- Build, oversee and manage the channel expense budget, ensuring costs are kept to a minimum while also supporting relevant growth areas of the business
Channel Marketing & Management
- Oversee all elements of channel marketing and management including but not limited to; Channel marketing, Education, Events, Promotional cadence & participation and Digital
- Own the channel marketing calendar, planning relevant channel marketing activities that support both new launches and on-going activity. Push for maximum exposure in Ulta’ channel marketing vehicles, including mailers, newspaper inserts and seasonal catalogs
- Develop a thoughtful, strategic promotional approach (where needed), using data and customer insight to deliver maximum return
- Develop comprehensive 360 launch plans for all key new product launches, partnering with both Ulta and the internal team to ensure relevant levels of brand exposure
- Deliver thoughtful and constructive feedback on Global Brand, Product and Marketing initiatives, always considering the “big picture” while fairly representing the “voice” of your channel partner
- Key lead at relevant influencer personal appearances to ensure flawless execution
- Lead the visual merchandising plans at Ulta, providing direction to the Visual merchandising team in terms of commercial priorities, ensuring that the creative expression is line with the financial expectations
- On-going maintenance and management of relevant operational aspects such as price management, SKU set-up and asset delivery
- Manage & Develop 1 direct report; Specialist, Wholesale Sales
Key Working Relationships:
- Key point of contact for the Ulta Buying team, both Brick and Mortar and E-commerce
- Key channel ownership from an internal team perspective. Uses outstanding relationship and negotiation skills to ensure business needs are met. Works closely with the following functions; brand management, channel planning, visual merchandising, social, marketing, finance, creative and supply chain.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 6+ years within an Account Management / Sales / Merchandising role, working for a Beauty or Cosmetics company, ideally with prior partnership experience dealing with a large, national-level retailer
- Proven track record of managing a brand in partnership with a national retailer, with success in driving, improving sales performance. Must be able to provide strategic examples of key “wins”
- P&L management experience a must, along with budgetary ownership and development
- Outstanding negotiation and relationship building skills which he / she will use to benefit the needs of the business with those of his / her retail partner
- Must be highly self-motivated and able to work within an extremely fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Bachelor's degree, with a focus on Business and / or marketing preferred
- Excellent Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, and project management skills required
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.