Sr. Manager, Regulatory
Product Development | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
We’re FORMA. An incubator, accelerator, and curator of today’s beauty brands.
We celebrate, support, and seek those changing the world through creative expression. Each brand in our portfolio is thoughtfully selected, acquired, or created because of the products it offers, the stories it tells, and the beauty it spreads.
We’re a team made of: Equal parts thinkers and doers. Visionaries and operators. Strategists and creatives— we're united by a fierce entrepreneurial spirit. Our dive in, roll your sleeves up, get your hands' dirty approach to every project leads to extraordinary outcomes, and to some of the most popular beauty products on shelves today. We're a creative, professional, highly collaborative, seasoned, well-oiled team. We're in the business of beauty for a reason. There's nothing our team of 200+ people loves more than a good challenge, a great product, and the opportunity to make, celebrate, and spread beauty at scale.
Summary of Position:
The Senior Manager, Regulatory is responsible for the management and coordination of policies and procedures to ensure the global compliance of the cosmetic products which are developed and distributed. They will also help manage the Regulatory Team.
- Provide knowledge of current and future regulations with regard to cosmetic ingredients, raw material packaging, labeling, claims, and other related areas of compliance.
- Attends Regulatory Conferences 2X annually. Reports to the team on regulatory trends and changes in policy.
- Develop and maintain standards and protocols to ensure compliance with various international regulations.
- Manage and oversee the preparation and submission of regulatory notifications and registrations as required by US and international standards to ensure compliance and timely approval for market released new and existing products.
- Develop and maintain procedures to ensure regulatory requirements are completed within established product development timelines.
- Monitor and manage the submission of international regulatory export documentation for accuracy, completeness and timeliness.
- Review packaging for international compliance.
- Implement strategies to ensure effective documentation control and management of international product dossiers and compliance files.
- Perform literature searches and regulatory review of publications to ensure up to date compliance with and international regulations, and communicate findings to appropriate internal customers.
- Identify areas of process improvement and propose new solutions designed to increase value and performance.
- Manage Regulatory Specialist &/or Regulatory Team
- Assists with regulatory and international registration budgets
Key Working Relationships:
- Manages Regulatory Team
- Works with PD, Brand, Copy and 3rd Party Merchant Team, Sourcing
Required Skills & Experience:
- Must have a Chemistry/Science B.S., Degree
- Must have 5+ years regulatory experience
- Must be willing to travel when necessary
- Must attend annual Regulatory Conferences
- Must be willing to handle, wear, test a variety of cosmetics, skin care products and fragrances
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.