Sr. Manager, Product Development
Product Development | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
This position can be based in San Francisco or Los Angeles, CA.
We’re FORMA. An incubator, accelerator, and curator of today’s beauty brands.
We celebrate, support, and seek those changing the world through creative expression. Each brand in our portfolio is thoughtfully selected, acquired, or created because of the products it offers, the stories it tells, and the beauty it spreads.
We’re a team made of: Equal parts thinkers and doers. Visionaries and operators. Strategists and creatives— we're united by a fierce entrepreneurial spirit. Our dive in, roll your sleeves up, get your hands' dirty approach to every project leads to extraordinary outcomes, and to some of the most popular beauty products on shelves today. We're a creative, professional, highly collaborative, seasoned, well-oiled team. We're in the business of beauty for a reason. There's nothing our team of 200+ people loves more than a good challenge, a great product, and the opportunity to make, celebrate, and spread beauty at scale.
The Sr. Manager, Product Development will report to the Sr. Director Product Development. The role will be responsible for contributing to an assigned category for new brands in the FORMA portfolio from initial concept to final program delivery as well as the support of existing product lines.
- Manages Product Development for an assigned category by creating new product innovation and concepts that will be a strategic fit for the brand and successfully meet high growth objectives.
- Maintains existing category assignment, recommending shade refreshes and/or line edits to ensure sku productivity.
- Creates product briefs for new product development; lab briefs for product development; creative briefs for secondary packaging and other collateral; marketing briefs for marketing campaign development.
- Collaborates with Brand Development to build product calendars to ensure proper visibility for each category.
- Measures progress against our brand objectives and goals through product launch sighting, competitive reviews, and in season business updates.
- Participates in Product Development brainstorming for new product innovations and concepts that are not only a fit for the brand, but also introduce unique and relevant solutions to assortment gaps.
- Identifies new trends in product format, ingredients, delivery systems, techno etc.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5-7 years of total work experience.
- 3-4 years of beauty brand management/product development experience.
- Deep passion for and knowledge of the global makeup industry.
- Can move easily and comfortably between quantitative analytics and marketing creativity, with the ability to think strategically or tactically in different situations.
- Great work ethic, with a strong efficiency orientation: Must be organized, detail oriented, resourceful, and adept prioritizing and juggling multiple projects at once to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work either independently or with cross-functional teams in a fast moving, fast changing environment, oftentimes under pressure.
- Proactive approach to projects, always thinking ahead: Shows initiative to drive results and solve problems and always be counted onto follow through.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with great poise and confidence in delivery.
- Ability to build, foster, and nurture strong relationships and gain the trust and respect of cross-functional teams stakeholders.