Sr. Financial Analyst
Finance | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
We’re FORMA. An incubator, accelerator, and curator of today’s beauty brands.
We celebrate, support, and seek those changing the world through creative expression. Each brand in our portfolio is thoughtfully selected, acquired, or created because of the products it offers, the stories it tells, and the beauty it spreads.
We’re a team made of: Equal parts thinkers and doers. Visionaries and operators. Strategists and creatives— we're united by a fierce entrepreneurial spirit. Our dive in, roll your sleeves up, get your hands' dirty approach to every project leads to extraordinary outcomes, and to some of the most popular beauty products on shelves today. We're a creative, professional, highly collaborative, seasoned, well-oiled team. We're in the business of beauty for a reason. There's nothing our team of 200+ people loves more than a good challenge, a great product, and the opportunity to make, celebrate, and spread beauty at scale.
The FP&A team is a high-impact, high-visibility team, whose mission is to provide insights that enable leaders to make thoughtful and strategic business decisions. We provide our cross-functional partners with detailed data analysis and scenario modeling, playing an integral role in helping FORMA Brands grow.
FORMA has a flexible work program designed to create options for our corporate team-members, which provide greater flexibility, additional well-being + work life balance options, and allows us the ability to widen our talent pool + increase diversity in our organization.
Our workspaces are not limited to our offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York + London . We know our team-members want flexibility, with the ability to maintain a physical space to connect + collaborate with each other. We have adapted our ways of working + found the value in the flexibility it provides. Our team-members work with their leaders to determine the best fit for the needs of their role – whether that’s in a hybrid capacity or fully remote.
This position can be based in San Francisco or Los Angeles
Summary of Position:
Senior Financial Analyst is a key member of the FP&A team. The role requires excellent communication, analytical, problem solving skills, as well as the ability to be naturally curious and passionate about learning and expanding professional horizons. A successful Sr. Financial Analyst must demonstrate a positive “can do” attitude and the ability to dig into details without losing the big picture.
- Support global wholesale and retail channels in the annual budgeting, quarterly forecasting, monthly month-end-close processes by working in close partnership with various business partners within the company
- Act as a liaison between Finance and several functional areas including Wholesale Operations, Retail Operations, Field Management to help project sales, operating expenses and capital expenditures and consolidate forecast data into financial planning platform
- Review and validate monthly P&L’s during close, identify and research significant variances, and communicate critical issues to management and budget owners
- Manage monthly retail field bonus calculations, store payroll and KPIs reporting
- Assist with creation of quarterly and annual Board of Directors reporting decks
- Recommend and implement improvements of existing reporting tools and models
- Play a key role in ad hoc projects; projects can range from multi-departmental, long-term partnerships to short-term, one-off assignments
Key Working Relationships:
This role will work closely with the Wholesale Operations, Retail Operations, Demand Planning, People Team, Accounting, IT
Required Skills & Experience:
- BS in Accounting or Finance or related field and 5+ years of FP&A experience
- Experience building financial models and reporting tools
- Knowledge of Financial Statements and Accounting Standards
- Experience in Retail, Ecom, Wholesale is preferred
- Advanced user of Excel & Powerpoint, NetSuite experience is a plus
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.