Wholesale | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
We’re FORMA. An incubator, accelerator, and curator of today’s beauty brands.
We celebrate, support, and seek those changing the world through creative expression. Each brand in our portfolio is thoughtfully selected, acquired, or created because of the products it offers, the stories it tells, and the beauty it spreads.
We’re a team made of: Equal parts thinkers and doers. Visionaries and operators. Strategists and creatives— we're united by a fierce entrepreneurial spirit. Our dive in, roll your sleeves up, get your hands' dirty approach to every project leads to extraordinary outcomes, and to some of the most popular beauty products on shelves today. We're a creative, professional, highly collaborative, seasoned, well-oiled team. We're in the business of beauty for a reason. There's nothing our team of 200+ people loves more than a good challenge, a great product, and the opportunity to make, celebrate, and spread beauty at scale.
The Specialist, Wholesale supports the Manager, Wholesale with sales and merchandising strategies to build overall brand awareness, meet/exceed sales plans, and achieve long-term growth and profitability.
- Works with Manager, Wholesale and internal partners to help develop and build relationships and sales strategies as it directly relates to the Wholesale business
- Supports Manager, Wholesale in setup and maintenance of retailer product assortment files
- Pull product assets and copy for retailer dotcom ensuring International copy guidelines are met
- Support Manager, Wholesale in building and maintaining marketing activity decks for new product launches
- Maintain cross-functional documents, including wholesale assortment logs, channel marketing calendars, and side-by-side calendars with on-going changes and report updates to the appropriate parties
- Monitor social and marketing activities on retailer homepages and social platforms
- Liaises with internal [Regulatory, Operations, IM] and external partners to ensure new and existing products meet International standards by coordinating documentation for product registration
- Execute inventory requests on behalf of Wholesale department for all channel marketing needs, events, educational tester needs, and education gratis
- Assists the Director of Wholesale and Wholesale Manager with relevant ad hoc projects including reporting analysis, promotional activity, and other ad hoc tasks when necessary
- Provides insight on assortment and visual merchandising where necessary to drive sales
- Serves as a 'proxy' for Manager, Wholesale, attending and contributing in both retailer and internal meetings when needed
- Facilitate store pack-outs and when necessary for shipping TOA’s, GWP’s and education materials for the retailers
- Coordinate meetings, conference calls, and events; reserves locations, send Outlook invitations, manage attendee list, coordinate with audio visual, assists with preparing agendas, organizing documents and sending meeting recaps
- May need to travel (10%) for International PAs, events, meetings
- Use Microsoft Office products Word, Excel, Power Point - to build presentations and shared workbooks/spreadsheets (Ex: Help create PowerPoint presentations for strategy meetings to be presented to retailers and senior level executives)
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Excellent Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, and project management skills required
- Minimum 2 - 3 years’ sales/merchandising/buying experience in cosmetics or retail industry preferred
- Must possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must be able to work well with cross-functional partners
- Strong analytical skill with a high attention to detail
- Must exhibit excellent communication and presentation skills (written and oral)
- Dynamic, innovative personality with determination to perform at high standards
- Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others
- The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish, and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions and needs