Specialist, Product Development
Product Development | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
We’re FORMA. An incubator, accelerator, and curator of today’s beauty brands.
We celebrate, support, and seek those changing the world through creative expression. Each brand in our portfolio is thoughtfully selected, acquired, or created because of the products it offers, the stories it tells, and the beauty it spreads.
We’re a team made of: Equal parts thinkers and doers. Visionaries and operators. Strategists and creatives— we're united by a fierce entrepreneurial spirit. Our dive in, roll your sleeves up, get your hands' dirty approach to every project leads to extraordinary outcomes, and to some of the most popular beauty products on shelves today. We're a creative, professional, highly collaborative, seasoned, well-oiled team. We're in the business of beauty for a reason. There's nothing our team of 200+ people loves more than a good challenge, a great product, and the opportunity to make, celebrate, and spread beauty at scale.
This position can be based in San Francisco, New York or Los Angeles
Summary of Position:
The Specialist, Product Development will be responsible for supporting the development process of specifically designated categories from ideation to launch. The ideal candidate is a project manager at heart that maintains a high level of organization, demonstrates strong communication skills, thrives in high-paced environments, and has a passion for cosmetics.
- Track the progress of all designated projects, ensuring timelines are followed and development milestones are met.
- Work closely and collaborate with cross-functional team members to see projects to fruition, including Sourcing, Planning, Creative and Brand Development.
- Maintain upkeep of product library, retains, and lab submissions. Responsible for acquisition and tracking of competitive product.
- Manage samples and packaging needed for various programs and initiatives.
- Manage incoming formula submissions review for designated categories. Communicate direction with external vendors, in conjunction with Product Development leadership.
- Coordinate with Regulatory Affairs to ensure formulas and development projects meet global compliance and testing requirements.
- As needed, travel on-site with Product Development leadership to evaluate formulas for time-sensitive projects.
- Work closely with Brand Development counterparts to help execute product launches.
- Forecast and report relevant fashion and beauty trends that support the business strategies.
- Assist in day-to-day administrative duties as needed.
Required Skills & Experience:
- BA/BS required.
- 1-3 years beauty industry experience required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work load delivering outputs and meeting timelines.
- Skills to articulate and communicate clearly regarding formula aesthetics, qualities and attributes.
- Works efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Have the ability to react to project changes and priorities, showing initiative to drive results and solve problems.
- Computer literate including proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.