Specialist, Package Development & Engineering
Packaging | New York, NY | Full Time
We’re FORMA. An incubator, accelerator, and curator of today’s beauty brands.
We celebrate, support, and seek those changing the world through creative expression. Each brand in our portfolio is thoughtfully selected, acquired, or created because of the products it offers, the stories it tells, and the beauty it spreads.
We’re a team made of: Equal parts thinkers and doers. Visionaries and operators. Strategists and creatives— we're united by a fierce entrepreneurial spirit. Our dive in, roll your sleeves up, get your hands' dirty approach to every project leads to extraordinary outcomes, and to some of the most popular beauty products on shelves today. We're a creative, professional, highly collaborative, seasoned, well-oiled team. We're in the business of beauty for a reason. There's nothing our team of 200+ people loves more than a good challenge, a great product, and the opportunity to make, celebrate, and spread beauty at scale.
The Specialist, Package Development & Engineering will represent the culture and DNA of the brand and be responsible to develop sourcing, packaging and production for new launch initiatives. The role will identify, source, and develop new packaging solutions to include primary, secondary and tertiary systems and technologies that support the brand development and product strategy. The role will be a valued team member and technical liaison for brand to determine package usage, design, and quality requirements are met for a successful product launch. They will be responsible for sourcing and cost for new project launches. With the support of manager, the Specialist will be overseeing end to end development projects from concept to production and communicate to internal and external partners to ensure project remains on track and technical and cost targets are met.
- Must have technical knowledge of package materials and forms and understanding of key manufacturing and decoration processes.
- Support packaging feasibility and cost for each project that includes component cost, development lead time, and manufacturability.
- Oversee end to end development of stock components from concept to filling. Support onsite qualifications, line trials and mass production as required.
- Develop specification, component standards, and fill and assembly instructions to ensure manufacturability and quality standards are met.
- Collaborate with management and PD to identify packaging options and suppliers for each project.
- Collaborate with Project Management to ensure cross-functional team understands key deliverables.
- Manage all package testing required for each project.
- Oversee Package Testing log and test status for Packaging team – report out any issues
- Issue and manage standards and color and defect range boards.
- Work collaboratively with the entire Morphe Team, support initiatives and execute with diligence and excellence.
Key Working Relationships:
- Brand Development
- Project Management
- Sourcing and Production
- Product Development/Regulatory
- Distribution and Transportation
- Quality Assurance
- Third Party Supply Partners
Required Skills & Experience:
- BS in Packaging Science/BS in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- 1-3 years packaging experience, health and beauty industry preferred.
- Strong organization and follow up skills
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and prioritize
- Strong problem-solving capabilities and a hands-on approach.
- Good project management skills
- Good interpersonal skills
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.