Operations | Pacoima, CA | Full Time
We’re FORMA. An incubator, accelerator, and curator of today’s beauty brands.
We celebrate, support, and seek those changing the world through creative expression. Each brand in our portfolio is thoughtfully selected, acquired, or created because of the products it offers, the stories it tells, and the beauty it spreads.
We’re a team made of: Equal parts thinkers and doers. Visionaries and operators. Strategists and creatives— we're united by a fierce entrepreneurial spirit. Our dive in, roll your sleeves up, get your hands' dirty approach to every project leads to extraordinary outcomes, and to some of the most popular beauty products on shelves today. We're a creative, professional, highly collaborative, seasoned, well-oiled team. We're in the business of beauty for a reason. There's nothing our team of 200+ people loves more than a good challenge, a great product, and the opportunity to make, celebrate, and spread beauty at scale.
Summary of Position:
The Specialist in Logistics is responsible for the overall workflow of domestic and international shipments for influencer relations, new and third-party brands under the organization. Responsible for working with freight forwarders and suppliers to ensure on-time booking, deliveries and shipment related tasks, are completed daily according to business requirements and customs compliance. Track and report on shipments, working closely with other departments to maintain delivery schedule awareness. Generate all required commercial documentation and coordinate with vendor, freight forwarders, and distribution centers. Constantly assess and understand risk to ensure all activities are in the best interest of FORMA Brands. Required to maintain export regulation knowledge of countries in distribution network and document changes.
Shipment Handling and Shipping Paperwork
- Prepare all necessary shipping documentation related to international bookings and process all import/export documentation to clearing agents to include: (HAWB's, MAWB's, AES's, Manifest, Shipping Instructions, Hazmat Cargo Declarations., Bill of Ladings, and Certificate of Origin, etc.)
- Achieve comprehensive knowledge of company compliant shipping requirements.
- Apply working knowledge of import and export regulations, supporting all company related shipping.
- Coordinate the routing of import and export bookings with freight forwarder.
- Provides supervision, guidance, and support to all team members regarding transportation logistics that fosters an environment for learning.
- Perform periodic analysis of transportation routes, costs, and vendor options as well as scheduling shipments to ensure optimum service levels and manage cost containment.
- Develop and maintain positive customer relations by understanding brand needs, matching to optimal shipping terms and delivering excellent customer experience.
- Act as a liaison between company personnel and transportation vendors.
- Build relationships and collaborate with vendors, freight forwarders and carrier representatives regarding air, ocean, import, and export, as well as domestic transportation.
- Ability to work with vendor rates to provide quotes for cross-functional partners.
- Creating, maintaining, and publishing in-transit reports. i.e. Shipping Logs, Dashboards.
- Proactive and timely status updates to relevant internal and external customers.
- Communicate and monitor cutoff dates/times to achieve scheduled departures and meet “deliver by” dates.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Applicable BA/BS degree preferred.
- 3+ years of progressive responsibility positions of related experience in international shipping, document generation, international routing analysis and development in a freight forwarder environment.
- Thorough knowledge of domestic and international transportation options and industry standard pricing.
- Strong analytical skills: Collect, analyze, and make recommendations using data about timeliness, cost, types of goods, etc.
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft Office, Excel, Microsoft Outlook and internet investigation/navigation.
- Demonstrated experience with order management and warehouse management systems
- Experience coordinating international importing and exporting via all modes of transportation.
- Extensive knowledge of domestic and international shipment regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Demonstrated record of success in performing in an environment of change, maintaining effectiveness while managing multiple and shifting priorities
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks/projects
- Ability to collaborate with business partners on organizational initiatives
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.