Brand Development | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
We’re FORMA. An incubator, accelerator, and curator of today’s beauty brands.
We celebrate, support, and seek those changing the world through creative expression. Each brand in our portfolio is thoughtfully selected, acquired, or created because of the products it offers, the stories it tells, and the beauty it spreads.
We’re a team made of: Equal parts thinkers and doers. Visionaries and operators. Strategists and creatives— we're united by a fierce entrepreneurial spirit. Our dive in, roll your sleeves up, get your hands' dirty approach to every project leads to extraordinary outcomes, and to some of the most popular beauty products on shelves today. We're a creative, professional, highly collaborative, seasoned, well-oiled team. We're in the business of beauty for a reason. There's nothing our team of 200+ people loves more than a good challenge, a great product, and the opportunity to make, celebrate, and spread beauty at scale.
This position can be based in Los Angeles, New York or San Francisco
Summary of Position:
The Specialist, Global Brand will support the Vice President and Global Manager of Brand in the product development process for this exciting new Talent led brand from ideation through to launch. This includes competitor research, product pipeline management, identifying market opportunities and trends, management of product master data and all status update documents and building launch strategies. The ideal candidate is both creative and analytical, has strong organizational and communication skills, and thrives in a fast-paced environment and can manage multiple projects concurrently. Passion for beauty a must.
- Help identify and develop product pipeline line needs in collaboration with Brand Manager, VP of Brand, Sales Channel leads, Product Development and Talents team by building insights from the market place, consumers and influencers.
- Support analysis and development to drive brand growth plans, size up opportunities, and create product positioning and marketing assets required to deliver.
- Manage marketing calendar to support product, channel and campaign planning.
- Own set up and maintenance of project management tools and brief tracker.
- Conduct competitive global pricing analysis for new products.
- Utilize sales, forecasting, and other data sources to inform decisions.
- Adhoc analysis and projects based on evolving business needs to include, but not limited to: financial analysis, marketing planning, event planning, competitive brand research.
- Manage pre-production comps process for global launches and maintain comp library.
- Lead product execution of sampling and mini initiatives.
Key Working Relationships:
- Product Development, packaging, Project Management, Operations, Creative, Copy, Sourcing, , Retail Stores Team, Wholesale, Visual Merchandising, Social, Education, Digital/Ecomm, Planning, People Team
Required Skills & Experience:
- 2 years of experience in a marketing or brand management role
- Beauty experience preferred
- Strong project management skills; ability to prioritize and manage workload in a fast-moving environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Analytical mindset with a creative instinct
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving; ability to identify issues, make recommendations, and meet deadlines without sacrificing quality of work.
- Ability to both work independently and build cross-functional relationships
- Excellent Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, and project management skills required
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.