Short Haul Driver
Warehouse | Pacoima, CA | Full Time
We’re FORMA. An incubator, accelerator, and curator of today’s beauty brands.
We celebrate, support, and seek those changing the world through creative expression. Each brand in our portfolio is thoughtfully selected, acquired, or created because of the products it offers, the stories it tells, and the beauty it spreads.
We’re a team made of: Equal parts thinkers and doers. Visionaries and operators. Strategists and creatives— we're united by a fierce entrepreneurial spirit. Our dive in, roll your sleeves up, get your hands' dirty approach to every project leads to extraordinary outcomes, and to some of the most popular beauty products on shelves today. We're a creative, professional, highly collaborative, seasoned, well-oiled team. We're in the business of beauty for a reason. There's nothing our team of 200+ people loves more than a good challenge, a great product, and the opportunity to make, celebrate, and spread beauty at scale.
The Short Haul Driver is responsible for delivering Morphe product to retail locations and other points of distribution.
- Pick-up, load and transport finished products over land to retail locations.
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance.
- Plan routes and meet delivery schedules.
- Document and log work/rest periods and miles spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts.
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures.
- Assist with store delivery and pick up, loading and unloading, removing dunnage and pallets.
- Maneuver trucks into loading and unloading positions.
- Collect and verify delivery instructions.
- Report defects, accidents or violations
Key Working Relationships:
- Distribution Management Team
- Store Managers
- Transportation Manager
Required Skills & Experience:
- Proven work experience as a truck driver.
- Valid class C driving license required, class A CDL license preferred.
- Trucking school diploma.
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations.
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (weather and traffic conditions, etc).
- Maintain good standing driving record.
Travel Requirements: (Please itemize using bullet points, to include percentage of travel required, where applicable.)
- Drive long hours and travel regularly
- Ability to lift up to 70lbs.
- Sit for long periods at a time.
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.