Senior Specialist, Wholesale Visual Merchandising
Visual Merchandising | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
We’re FORMA. An incubator, accelerator, and curator of today’s beauty brands.
We celebrate, support, and seek those changing the world through creative expression. Each brand in our portfolio is thoughtfully selected, acquired, or created because of the products it offers, the stories it tells, and the beauty it spreads.
We’re a team made of: Equal parts thinkers and doers. Visionaries and operators. Strategists and creatives— we're united by a fierce entrepreneurial spirit. Our dive in, roll your sleeves up, get your hands' dirty approach to every project leads to extraordinary outcomes, and to some of the most popular beauty products on shelves today. We're a creative, professional, highly collaborative, seasoned, well-oiled team. We're in the business of beauty for a reason. There's nothing our team of 200+ people loves more than a good challenge, a great product, and the opportunity to make, celebrate, and spread beauty at scale.
Summary of Position: The Senior Specialist, Wholesale Visual Merchandising will manage the department support of visual merchandising within various wholesale environments. With the direct supervision of the Senior Visual Merchandising Mgr., the Sr. Specialist plays a critical role in managing the day-to-day aspects of maintaining brand presentations, campaign updates, and consistency within the wholesale retail environment.
- Assist with the conception, design, and execution of innovative merchandising solutions within wholesale retail environments, primarily open-sell gondolas and temporary display units.
- Partner with Brand and Wholesale teams to develop solutions for optimizing gondola merchandising assortments.
- Closely collaborate with external vendors on the development and production of in-store fixtures, product displays, and graphics.
- Conduct and manage projects with the team, ensuring projects and objectives are prioritized and fully realized within a managed budget and timeline.
- Conduct store visits and competitive shopping to maintain awareness of the broader retail landscape and competition.
Key Working Relationships:
- Work closely with the Sr. Manager, Visual Merchandising while leading wholesale visual layouts and direction.
- Lead cross-functional collaboration with Wholesale and Brand teams to ensure visual presentations are accurately represented, executed, and communicated.
- Partner with Project Managers on all timelines, signage, and fixtures.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in visual merchandising, graphic design, communication, or other related field.
- Minimum 3+ years experience in understanding and interpreting visual presentation direction (preferably Beauty) at a corporate level.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to work both independently as well as collaboratively.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, always-changing environment.
- Idea-driven, ability to take initiative, and a creative problem solver.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to handle multiple priorities a must.
- Team player with a positive attitude and eagerness to learn.
- Mandatory proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and fluency in Microsoft Office.
- Experience using SketchUp a plus.
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.