Senior Specialist, Wholesale Sales
Wholesale | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
We’re FORMA. An incubator, accelerator, and curator of today’s beauty brands.
We celebrate, support, and seek those changing the world through creative expression. Each brand in our portfolio is thoughtfully selected, acquired, or created because of the products it offers, the stories it tells, and the beauty it spreads.
We’re a team made of: Equal parts thinkers and doers. Visionaries and operators. Strategists and creatives— we're united by a fierce entrepreneurial spirit. Our dive in, roll your sleeves up, get your hands' dirty approach to every project leads to extraordinary outcomes, and to some of the most popular beauty products on shelves today. We're a creative, professional, highly collaborative, seasoned, well-oiled team. We're in the business of beauty for a reason. There's nothing our team of 200+ people loves more than a good challenge, a great product, and the opportunity to make, celebrate, and spread beauty at scale.
Summary of Position: The Sr. Specialist, Wholesale Sales supports the Sr Manager of Wholesale with sales and merchandising strategies to build overall brand awareness, meet/exceed sales plans, and achieve long-term growth and profitability.
- Generates and distributes weekly sales recap with critical analysis of brand results and exposures
- Supports execution of retailer dotcom site maintenance for brand page, site exposures (email, homepage, mobile & app) and promotional activity
- Facilitates execution of retailer events and personal appearances through briefing internal teams, implementing details, ordering support tools, sourcing vendors, creating run of show and managing event documents
- Responsible for new store list by door type and roll-out date. Aids in communication between retailer and fixture vendor to ensure on time delivery of correct merchandising. Troubleshoots with retailer and fixture vendor when needed
- Creates product launch recap PowerPoint decks for sharing internally and historical reference
- Manages SKU creation process from requesting final product information internally through completed SKU creation within retailer portals. Updates product attributes in portal when needed
- Provides insight on assortment and visual merchandising where necessary to drive sales
- Maintain channel marketing calendars with on-going changes and report updates to the appropriate parties
- Facilitate store pack-outs and when necessary for shipping TOA’s, GWP’s and education materials for the retailers
- Execute inventory requests on behalf of Wholesale department for all channel marketing needs, events, educational tester needs, and education gratis
- Coordinate meetings, conference calls, and events; reserves locations, send Outlook invitations, manage attendee list, coordinate with audio visual, assists with preparing agendas, organizing documents and sending meeting recaps
- Use Microsoft Office products Word, Excel, Power Point - to build presentations and shared workbooks/spreadsheets (Ex: Help create PowerPoint presentations for strategy meetings to be presented to retailers and senior level executives)
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Excellent Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, and project management skills required
- Minimum 2 - 3 years’ sales/merchandising/buying experience in cosmetics or retail industry preferred
- Must possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong analytical skill with a high attention to detail
- Must exhibit excellent communication and presentation skills (written and oral)
- Dynamic, innovative personality with determination to perform at high standards
- The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish, and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions and needs
- Travel quarterly for retailer events and market meetings
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.