Senior Manager, Digital Design
Creative | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
We’re FORMA. An incubator, accelerator, and curator of today’s beauty brands.
We celebrate, support, and seek those changing the world through creative expression. Each brand in our portfolio is thoughtfully selected, acquired, or created because of the products it offers, the stories it tells, and the beauty it spreads.
We’re a team made of: Equal parts thinkers and doers. Visionaries and operators. Strategists and creatives— we're united by a fierce entrepreneurial spirit. Our dive in, roll your sleeves up, get your hands' dirty approach to every project leads to extraordinary outcomes, and to some of the most popular beauty products on shelves today. We're a creative, professional, highly collaborative, seasoned, well-oiled team. We're in the business of beauty for a reason. There's nothing our team of 200+ people loves more than a good challenge, a great product, and the opportunity to make, celebrate, and spread beauty at scale.
Summary of Position:
The Senior Manager, Digital Design is responsible for leading and creating the global FORMA Brands branded e-commerce experience, marketing, and campaign assets that drive brand awareness and build buzz for product launches. This person will be responsible for overseeing digital content that articulates the brand’s creative direction and marketing strategy across FORMABrands.com, third-party channels, and wholesale. Direct a team of digital designers, helping them navigate a rapidly evolving environment with complex demands. This candidate is a self-motivated individual, fluent in the Adobe Creative Suite with a creative mind, excellent design aptitude, a collaborative work style and strong organizational/follow-up skills. We are looking for a tech savvy, detail-oriented digital designer with a can-do attitude who can juggle multiple projects simultaneously and one who works well under pressure. The Senior Manager, Digital Design will need to influence and implement FORMA Brands aesthetic digitally on a day-to-day basis.
- Concepts and leads highly innovative responsive digital designs for the website and email supporting e-commerce, wholesale and third-party channels, with the highest quality of standards.
- Inform next gen site development and new digital areas for the brand to explore.
- Support Art Directors in developing strategic e-commerce design concepts to provide global creative solutions that meets business objectives. Think strategically and connect design thinking back to specific business-use cases.
- Gathers the needs and objectives of each assignment and takes feedback and executes revisions accordingly. Ensures that all design elements, templates and finished solutions work based on those requirements in a variety of browsers, mobile, email clients, screen settings etc.
- Foster extraordinary talent, by mentoring and guiding digital designers to inspire, develop and execute short-term and long-term creative strategies.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5-7+ years’ experience in web design, and a B.A., B.S. or BFA in Graphic Design, Web Design, Art or related field.
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects at a time within a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Has exceptional typography and design skills.
- Working knowledge of Shopify is a plus.
- Interest and/or experience in photography is a plus.
- General knowledge of browser capabilities and web technologies.
- Experience or interest in the beauty or fashion related industry.
- Solid presentation and communications skills.
- Flexible. Open to changing processes, ambiguity, and willingly takes and accepts feedback from all areas of the business.
- Solid organizational skills, detail-oriented; time management skills, ability to juggle priorities.
- Self-starter who is able to troubleshoot and work independently.
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.