Senior Editorial Director
Creative | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
We’re FORMA. An incubator, accelerator, and curator of today’s beauty brands.
We celebrate, support, and seek those changing the world through creative expression. Each brand in our portfolio is thoughtfully selected, acquired, or created because of the products it offers, the stories it tells, and the beauty it spreads.
We’re a team made of: Equal parts thinkers and doers. Visionaries and operators. Strategists and creatives— we're united by a fierce entrepreneurial spirit. Our dive in, roll your sleeves up, get your hands' dirty approach to every project leads to extraordinary outcomes, and to some of the most popular beauty products on shelves today. We're a creative, professional, highly collaborative, seasoned, well-oiled team. We're in the business of beauty for a reason. There's nothing our team of 200+ people loves more than a good challenge, a great product, and the opportunity to make, celebrate, and spread beauty at scale.
Summary of Position:
The Senior Editorial Director helps drive the development of brands by directing the strategic brand positioning and leading the editorial strategy for all brands within the company portfolio. This includes establishing a unique voice for each brand and overseeing all brand messaging in all areas of deployment as well as product launch positioning, product naming, and legal compliance. The Editorial Director works cross-functionally to support all areas of the business in any and all copy and messaging needs.
- Develop positioning, voice identity and editorial strategy for each brand
- Provide oversight for all brand editorial to ensure the voice of each brand is differentiated and consistent
- Oversee development of all brand positioning for new brand/business pitch presentations
- Develop innovative multi-platform campaign editorial to consistently drive attention and brand engagement
- Direct all product launch messaging including positioning statements, on-pack copy, marketing copy, PDP copy, product naming and compliance.
- Lead, mentor and inspire a team of writers and oversee the day-to-day execution of all brand copy needs.
Key Working Relationships:
VP of Brand, Brand Managers, Marketing Director, Art Directors, Designers, Project Managers, Ecommerce team
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 10 years experience in brand messaging and/or editorial development for media outlets
- Advanced strategic thinker with experience in brand “big idea” development, product positioning and naming, campaign messaging, and executional copywriting.
- Excellent conceptual, verbal, organizational and messaging skills
- Experience leading and mentoring a team of several copywriters at all experience levels, and developing team talent.
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.