Finance + Accounting | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
We’re FORMA. An incubator, accelerator, and curator of today’s beauty brands.
We celebrate, support, and seek those changing the world through creative expression. Each brand in our portfolio is thoughtfully selected, acquired, or created because of the products it offers, the stories it tells, and the beauty it spreads.
We’re a team made of: Equal parts thinkers and doers. Visionaries and operators. Strategists and creatives— we're united by a fierce entrepreneurial spirit. Our dive in, roll your sleeves up, get your hands' dirty approach to every project leads to extraordinary outcomes, and to some of the most popular beauty products on shelves today. We're a creative, professional, highly collaborative, seasoned, well-oiled team. We're in the business of beauty for a reason. There's nothing our team of 200+ people loves more than a good challenge, a great product, and the opportunity to make, celebrate, and spread beauty at scale.
The Senior GL Accountant role will report to the Accounting Manager and will help drive month end close and implement process change within the accounting team. Primary responsibilities will include maintaining the general ledger including journals, reconciliations, and analysis for certain balance sheet and income statement accounts. Other responsibilities involve process and system improvements, management reporting and analysis, and supporting other functions within the accounting team as well as the broader organization.
- Assist in month-end closes by preparing accruals, preparing journal entries, and reconciling general ledger accounts
- Perform timely bank reconciliations to ensure cash receipts, disbursements, chargebacks, and bank and merchant fees have been properly reflected in the general ledger
- Oversee the accounting of capital and intangible assets, including recording the cost of newly acquired fixed assets, tracking existing fixed assets, recording depreciation, and accounting for capital leases
- Collaborate with FP&A to perform financial statement analysis and document meaningful explanations for fluctuations to help management make business decisions
- Develop and implement process improvements, document desktop procedures and processes to achieve efficiencies
- Support external audit requirements
- Provide support and documentation for audits
- Collaborate with HR on the completion of Payroll
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and quarter financial statements
- Assist management in completing special projects and analyses on an ad-hoc basis
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required
- 4+ years of related professional experience
- Consumer products or manufacturing industry experience is preferred, but not required
- CPA and or public accounting experience preferred
- Netsuite experience preferred
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Team player and ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.