Project Manager, Visual Merchandising (Wholesale)
Visual Merchandising | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
We’re FORMA. An incubator, accelerator, and curator of today’s beauty brands.
We celebrate, support, and seek those changing the world through creative expression. Each brand in our portfolio is thoughtfully selected, acquired, or created because of the products it offers, the stories it tells, and the beauty it spreads.
We’re a team made of: Equal parts thinkers and doers. Visionaries and operators. Strategists and creatives— we're united by a fierce entrepreneurial spirit. Our dive in, roll your sleeves up, get your hands' dirty approach to every project leads to extraordinary outcomes, and to some of the most popular beauty products on shelves today. We're a creative, professional, highly collaborative, seasoned, well-oiled team. We're in the business of beauty for a reason. There's nothing our team of 200+ people loves more than a good challenge, a great product, and the opportunity to make, celebrate, and spread beauty at scale.
Summary of Position:
Reporting to the Snr. Manager Visual Merchandising & Store Construction you will be joining a growing team with a strong cross functional focus. Your role will be to manage the rollout & updates of VM & Wholesale Construction process for the UK & EU across all planned activity on our wholesale and retail distribution and marketing calendars.
You will be responsible for collaborating with key internal and external partners to tightly project manage from design through to execution and review across a multi-channel proposition. You will have a primary focus on our wholesale distribution but will be flexible in your approach and will align your role with other channels of distribution where required. You will be responsible for the initial set up and the closeout of wholesale distribution projects including the relevant administration, PM, timelines etc. You will also continue to manage these projects to ensure that they are effective and excellent examples of Forma retail experience. This role requires hands-on project planning and management to ensure project goals and objectives are achieved within budget and on time.
The work is based in our London Head Office however you will be required to have the flexibility to travel frequently to visit stores, retailers and suppliers including overseas travel to mainland Europe.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT (60%)
- Ensure retail excellence in the on-time, on-brand & on-budget delivery of relevant retail and wholesale distribution projects from design to installation through to review, maintenance and updates.
- Track costs to keep budgets up to date and communicate any budget updates to team. You will be responsible for ensuring that all projects are delivered to budget, flagging any concerns swiftly and appropriately.
- Create project briefs that articulate strategic objectives for outside suppliers to ensure consistency with design intent.
- Schedule site surveys, obtain Landlord tenant packages including design criteria and as-built drawings, establish project schedules, and work with internal & external partners to schedules visits and surveys as required.
- Demonstrate knowledge of materials, costs, and time requirements for graphics and fixture production, preferably within a wholesale environment.
- Work with suppliers to get cost estimates and to value engineer fixture designs in order to meet budgets.
- Steer partnership and lead design and planning with outside agencies in development of large-scale event environments and conferences, personal appearance events, and special store activations within your retail environment.
VISUAL MERCHANDISING (20%)
- Conduct and manage multiple projects & updates to ensure that projects are prioritized and fully realized within a managed budget and timeline.
- Own the conception, design, and execution of innovative and impactful merchandising solutions within wholesale environments, primarily open-sell gondolas and temporary display units.
- Work closely with the graphic designer & wider VM team to order graphics & acrylics and manage replacement store graphics & acrylics where required. You will need to ensure that localized needs are briefed in and executed.
- Partner closely with the Wholesale National Accounts teams within the EMEA region to develop solutions for optimizing merchandising assortments that meet the needs of the business for each seasonal update.
- Ability to create mock-up artwork and detailed renderings in Photoshop (and/or SketchUp, but not essential) to present and help communicate new designs, fixture updates, and product placement.
REPORTING & OPERATIONS (20%)
- Build strong relationships with channel partners, retailers & on the ground teams to make meaningful recommendations that are driven from local market & customer demands.
- Work alongside wholesale & retail operations teams to ensure that documentation, order & deliveries, and communications relating to wholesale doors is kept up to date and communicated to relevant internal and external partners.
- Liaison with relevant stakeholders to update and communicate New Store opening timelines & project updates with internal and external partners.
- Management of retailer information packs, keeping documents and records up to date through all project stages to completion. Oversee the execution and completion of manufacturing and construction related warranty work. Proactively facilitating the project closeout process to ensure all invoices and required supporting documents are received in a timely manner.
Budget Owner? Yes
Fiscal Accountabilities: Responsible for keeping projects on budget and the tracking of all costs and charges.
Key Working Relationships:
- Aligns/collaborates with: VM, Store Construction, Graphic Design, Wholesale, Retail Operations, Inventory Operations, and Finance
- Oversees or provides guidance: VM & SC Team Coordinator
Required Skills & Experience:
- Extensive corporate visual merchandising/store construction experience (preferably in beauty and/or gondola environments).
- Strong experience in managing multiple projects and adapting to changing priorities. The ability to prioritise multiple tasks within a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Exemplary time & project management skills, attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Strong comfort level with written and verbal communication skills to all levels of management, you must be confident to communicate effectively with peers, the senior leadership team and internal & external business partners. You will also have the ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with team members and contract manufactures (domestic and international).
- A collaborative team player with a positive & proactive attitude, but with the ability to work independently effectively.
- Self-starter, flexible, adaptable, ability to manage change within the organization. Open to changing processes, ambiguity, and willingly accepts feedback from all areas of the business.
- Idea-driven, takes initiative, and a resourceful creative problem solver.
- Ability to maintain clear and accurate records and documentation
- Demonstrate an interest in, and passion for, the beauty retail industry
- Mandatory expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign).
- Highly adept at Microsoft Office.
- Fluency in other languages a plus.
- Up to 40% in the UK & Mainland Europe when safe to do so
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.