Project Manager, Operational Delivery
Project Management | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
We’re FORMA. An incubator, accelerator, and curator of today’s beauty brands.
We celebrate, support, and seek those changing the world through creative expression. Each brand in our portfolio is thoughtfully selected, acquired, or created because of the products it offers, the stories it tells, and the beauty it spreads.
We’re a team made of: Equal parts thinkers and doers. Visionaries and operators. Strategists and creatives— we're united by a fierce entrepreneurial spirit. Our dive in, roll your sleeves up, get your hands' dirty approach to every project leads to extraordinary outcomes, and to some of the most popular beauty products on shelves today. We're a creative, professional, highly collaborative, seasoned, well-oiled team. We're in the business of beauty for a reason. There's nothing our team of 200+ people loves more than a good challenge, a great product, and the opportunity to make, celebrate, and spread beauty at scale.
Summary of Position:
The Project Manager, Operational Delivery within the PMO will be responsible for the management of supply chain activities related to global launch execution across brands; this role being closely aligned with the timelines, dependencies and escalations of Sourcing, Engineering, Production and Transportation teams within the Supply Chain organization. The Project Manager will have responsibility for the communication and escalation of timeline and/or cost impacts into the responsible Sr Project Manager, Brand Delivery.
This role will oversee timely execution of product launches that are in motion, as well as new launch projects that arise across brands that impact the Supply Chain delivery teams. In addition, the Project Manager may be responsible for Operational projects that help to streamline and/or create efficiencies as relate to product execution or supply chain excellence.
The Project Manager must maintain a constant flow of communication with the Sr Project Manager, Brand Delivery in order for the overall team to mitigate product launch risks to the Brand(s), including, but not limited to, the use of tools such project timelines and an Operational Health Dashboard to elevate areas of risk.
This role requires a highly organized thinker who thrives in a fast-paced, matrixed environment. A key driver for success in this position is someone with a background in project management, but the flexibility to adapt and prioritize as needed to best lead the team and needed next steps.
- Serve as the point person for Supply Chain cross-functional product launch needs. Own and/or collaborate on critical communication flow between key stakeholders, tracking timelines and dependencies to ensure information and assets on time delivery (30%)
- Own regular Supply Chain delivery meetings to confirm status of launch delivery risks and dependencies (20%)
- Implement tools to ensure each project is clearly communicated, timelines are tracking, and that risks are clearly visible and communicated. (20%)
- Seek areas of opportunity for process development and improvement across the cross functional teams. (20%)
- Work on ad hoc Supply Chain efficiency projects and/or initiatives related to the broader PMO team framework (10%)
Key Working Relationships:
Cross functional team lead with high interactions specific to Sourcing, Engineering, Product Development, Production, Transportation and the Senior Project Manager(s), Brand Delivery
Required Skills & Experience:
- BS/BA degree
- 5+ years in a Project Management role responsible for the tracking and escalation of fast-moving timelines with cross-team interdependencies
- Demonstrated experience in the planning, management and delivery of supply chain product launch timelines
- Experience coordinating across multiple supply chain departments
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, and prioritize and escalate risks as needed
- Proficiency with timeline tracking and dashboard reporting to present information clearly and concisely
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Travel Requirements: Minimal travel required, likely project specific
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.