Project Manager, Creative Packaging
Creative | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
This role can be based in San Francisco or Los Angeles.
We’re FORMA. An incubator, accelerator, and curator of today’s beauty brands.
We celebrate, support, and seek those changing the world through creative expression. Each brand in our portfolio is thoughtfully selected, acquired, or created because of the products it offers, the stories it tells, and the beauty it spreads.
We’re a team made of: Equal parts thinkers and doers. Visionaries and operators. Strategists and creatives— we're united by a fierce entrepreneurial spirit. Our dive in, roll your sleeves up, get your hands' dirty approach to every project leads to extraordinary outcomes, and to some of the most popular beauty products on shelves today. We're a creative, professional, highly collaborative, seasoned, well-oiled team. We're in the business of beauty for a reason. There's nothing our team of 200+ people loves more than a good challenge, a great product, and the opportunity to make, celebrate, and spread beauty at scale.
FORMA has a flexible work program designed to create options for our corporate team-members, which provide greater flexibility, additional well-being + work life balance options, and allows us the ability to widen our talent pool + increase diversity in our organization.
Our workspaces are not limited to our offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles + New York. We know our team-members want flexibility, with the ability to maintain a physical space to connect + collaborate with each other. We have adapted our ways of working + found the value in the flexibility it provides. Our team-members work with their leaders to determine the best fit for the needs of their role – whether that’s in a hybrid capacity or fully remote.
Summary of Position:
The Project Manager of Creative Packaging oversees all phases of the creative packaging execution process to produce high quality, strategically grounded creative.
- Manage print and packaging production, routing approvals to meet timelines. 70%
- Gather & archive pending information (die line, ingredient listings, shade assortment, product for pantone matching, copy / translations, claims)
- Work on key product launches: new brands, capsules, collaborations including all external approval and physical submission
- Manage test and final releases with timely feedback on all submissions
- Attend weekly PSS for all brands
- Request QR codes and update / pass off copy docs
- Monitor workload and reprioritize as needed.
- Lead weekly status, kick offs, creative review meetings and cross functional teams. 15%
- Collaborate with Art Directors and Designers to ensure concepts are executed and creative standards are met. 15%
Key Working Relationships:
- Work collaboratively with Marketing, Brand, Sourcing, and project managers
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experience managing/leading graphic designers and production artists teams throughout a project lifecycle.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate clearly and concisely and a willingness to ideas with individuals at all levels
- Enjoy demonstrating initiative and creativity, excel at originating ideas, anticipate and implement next step generate improvement opportunities and translate new ideas into workable solutions
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to understand and identify key strategic issues, and develop creative design solutions to assignments
- Experience enforcing branding/identity style guide
- Thorough familiarity with latest Adobe Creative Suite software, including Photoshop, Illustrator and In Design
- Highly organized, with strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
- Work with graphic designers and production artists to set an environment conducive to idea exchange
- Assist graphic designers and production artists with career and skills development
- Interact effectively and build strong working relationships with all levels of management and staff
- Understand business context and goals for creative efforts
- Collaborate with Producers to maintain and evolve efficient processes
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.