Manager, Wholesale Operations
Wholesale | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
We’re FORMA. An incubator, accelerator, and curator of today’s beauty brands.
We celebrate, support, and seek those changing the world through creative expression. Each brand in our portfolio is thoughtfully selected, acquired, or created because of the products it offers, the stories it tells, and the beauty it spreads.
We’re a team made of: Equal parts thinkers and doers. Visionaries and operators. Strategists and creatives— we're united by a fierce entrepreneurial spirit. Our dive in, roll your sleeves up, get your hands' dirty approach to every project leads to extraordinary outcomes, and to some of the most popular beauty products on shelves today. We're a creative, professional, highly collaborative, seasoned, well-oiled team. We're in the business of beauty for a reason. There's nothing our team of 200+ people loves more than a good challenge, a great product, and the opportunity to make, celebrate, and spread beauty at scale.
This position can be based in Los Angeles or San Francisco.
Summary of Position:
The Manager, Wholesale will lead and manage the relationship with one of our retail partners. They will be responsible for ensuring retail sales, revenue and profit targets are met and, together with the Director, Wholesale will assume full ownership and oversight for the channel P&L. The Manager, Wholesale’s goal, is to develop, manage and execute channel sell-in strategies, in order to build overall brand awareness, meet/exceed sales plans, and achieve long-term growth and profitability. This will include, but not be limited to, the creation of marketing and advertising strategies, visual strategy, promotional activities, education and events. They will also be responsible for managing and developing their direct report.
- Full accountability for achieving Net Sales & Revenue Goals
- Manage channel budget and P&L in partnership with the Director, Wholesale
- Primary contact for Forma Brands and the retail partnership. Manages day to day business for aforementioned accounts
- Leads a team of cross functional partners to ensure all retailer timelines are met during launch phase
- Leads alignment of cross functional cross channel merchandising and promotion strategies
- Manages product and promotion strategies and executions within each account
- Develops and executes long term and seasonal performance plans and strategies for merchandising
- Manages promotional calendars and develops implementation plans to execute new product
- Communicates key learnings internally to all sales channels
- Analyzes weekly sales and inventory reports through making appropriate changes to capture opportunities and maximize inventory turns
- Analyzes and continually reviews assortments to meet optimal productivity and sales potential
- Manages and collaborates with Social & Brand Marketing to create innovative and compelling promotions that drive conversion and sales
- Leads and collaborates with the marketing team to develop merchandising opportunities within partner sites and maximize opportunities for specific products
- Partners with planners on purchasing, forecasting, and inventory management efforts to ensure that product data, pricing, and promotions are accurate, timely, and complete
- Manages and develops a direct report
- Minimum of 3-5 years working with a sales or retail environment with proven success in driving sales and managing national and / or independent accounts, preferably within the beauty industry
- Deep understanding and proven success in how to drive revenue, manage channel P&L’s and increase profitability
- Excellent analytical expertise, partnering with planning teams to manage channel forecasts through OTB processes
- Experience driving revenue and overseeing channel P&L’s and budgets
- Multi-channel management experience; Brick & Mortar & E-commerce.
- Must exhibit outstanding communication skills, both written and oral. Confident and articulate presenter.
- Dynamic personality who is able to develop great partnerships, both internally and externally, and at all levels
- Thrives in exciting, continually evolving business environments
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent computer skills: MS Office Suite required.
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.