Sourcing and Production | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
We’re FORMA. An incubator, accelerator, and curator of today’s beauty brands.
We celebrate, support, and seek those changing the world through creative expression. Each brand in our portfolio is thoughtfully selected, acquired, or created because of the products it offers, the stories it tells, and the beauty it spreads.
We’re a team made of: Equal parts thinkers and doers. Visionaries and operators. Strategists and creatives— we're united by a fierce entrepreneurial spirit. Our dive in, roll your sleeves up, get your hands' dirty approach to every project leads to extraordinary outcomes, and to some of the most popular beauty products on shelves today. We're a creative, professional, highly collaborative, seasoned, well-oiled team. We're in the business of beauty for a reason. There's nothing our team of 200+ people loves more than a good challenge, a great product, and the opportunity to make, celebrate, and spread beauty at scale.
Summary of Position:
The Manager, Sourcing is responsible for managing execution of sourcing and project management of new product development for assigned categories. This includes but not limited to on time new product launch and delivery management, meet or exceed target margin, and enforces product quality of products.
- Source and develop new products including primary and secondary packaging. Manage the launch CPA.
- Manage new project timelines for assigned categories from brief to global on time launch across all channels,
- Work with Production Team to execute monthly Open to Buy accurately and ensure on time execution and delivery of all new product launches.
- Negotiate best cost, lead time, MOQ meeting and exceeding margin and cost targets for each new product at SKU level.
- Seek innovative and cost savings opportunities in every aspect of the job including in-depth cost and business analysis across sourcing region, suppliers, supply chain with forward looking cost impact.
- Manage and report vendor performance monthly / quarterly as well as enforce chargeback policy.
- Manage and communicate vendor capacity reporting monthly and as need to basis by project and annually
- Timely and proactive communication of delivery exceptions to cross functional teams as required.
- Coordinate with cross functional business partners to ensure successful execution across the supply chain.
- Create and distribute weekly, monthly, quarterly sourcing business reports to finance, inventory management, sales channels and allocations.
- Create and distribute weekly new launch status dashboard and provide in depth cost analysis and project status for each new launch project to management and cross functional partners as required.
- Collaborate with other business partners on any Supply Chain IT systems. Includes development, testing, training, implementation and identifying/executing post-launch enhancements.
- Monitor and ensure on-time delivery of new launch orders by troubleshooting production issues with brand, planning, creative, PD and regulatory teams, production, transportation and distribution
- Develop relationship, streamline communication and monitor performance of all domestic and international suppliers and cross functional teams.
- Manage and on-board new suppliers with Forma Brand Supplier Guides, SOPs and supplier agreements including distribution & execution in partnership with other departments.
- Update and help maintain supplier SOPs and supplier guides.
- Organize and maintain all executed supplier executed documents.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 3-5 years Sourcing, Manufacturing, or Production experience in the beauty space. Skincare or haircare experience preferred.
- 1-3 years of management of staff experience preferred.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment; proven time management skills, flexible with strong sense of urgency.
- Attention to detail and organization skills is a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills is a must.
- Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities.
- Able to make recommendations for process efficiency.
- Strong management and leadership skills to cultivate teamwork, coach, mentor, and motivate team to achieve positive results.
- Able to work in team environment and influence cross functional teams.
- Undergraduate degree and minimum 5 years sourcing and purchasing experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft office suite including strong Excel skills.
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.