Manager, Social Media - Jaclyn Cosmetics
Social Media | Pacoima, CA | Full Time
We’re FORMA. An incubator, accelerator, and curator of today’s beauty brands.
We celebrate, support, and seek those changing the world through creative expression. Each brand in our portfolio is thoughtfully selected, acquired, or created because of the products it offers, the stories it tells, and the beauty it spreads.
We’re a team made of: Equal parts thinkers and doers. Visionaries and operators. Strategists and creatives— we're united by a fierce entrepreneurial spirit. Our dive in, roll your sleeves up, get your hands' dirty approach to every project leads to extraordinary outcomes, and to some of the most popular beauty products on shelves today. We're a creative, professional, highly collaborative, seasoned, well-oiled team. We're in the business of beauty for a reason. There's nothing our team of 200+ people loves more than a good challenge, a great product, and the opportunity to make, celebrate, and spread beauty at scale.
FORMA has a flexible work program designed to create options for our corporate team-members, which provide greater flexibility, additional well-being + work life balance options, and allows us the ability to widen our talent pool + increase diversity in our organization.
Our workspaces are not limited to our offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York + London . We know our team-members want flexibility, with the ability to maintain a physical space to connect + collaborate with each other. We have adapted our ways of working + found the value in the flexibility it provides. Our team-members work with their leaders to determine the best fit for the needs of their role – whether that’s in a hybrid capacity or fully remote.
Summary of Position:
The Manager, Social Media and is responsible for overseeing a cohesive social and community strategies for Jaclyn Cosmetics. This includes ongoing development of social brand voice and overarching social-first brand campaigns, content and campaign ideation and development for social channels, and a strong focus on community development and engagement. This role oversees all social first-brand copy, the strategic development and execution of social media, including viral social marketing campaigns, creating and supervising high-profile social channels; and integrating social media into the overall business strategy. The Manager, Social Media is also responsible for analytics, contributing to social insights and integrating with content influencer selection and KPI’s etc.
- Develops an ongoing social first content strategy for a cohesive and consistent brand identity through content development for social in collaboration with the digital and creative teams. Includes producing photography, video, copy, UGC and designed content to support overarching business strategies.
- Owns the formulation of social media strategy for Jaclyn Cosmetics by overseeing the development and execution of original campaigns, content and creative development, community engagement tactics, strategic partnerships, influencer integrations in collaboration with Influencer team. Works in partnership with creative partners and outside agencies.
- Owns and continually develops the Jaclyn Cosmetics social brand voice by overseeing campaign messaging & creative marketing copy.
- Leads the creation of an enriched and engaging social experience for Jaclyn Cosmetics through oversight of social first creative campaigns to support business and conversion goals.
- Oversees the planning of Social Media campaigns that supports customer acquisition goals via key marketing initiatives including: social media-driven sweepstakes, promotions, and offers on all relevant social platforms.
- Ensures the Jaclyn Cosmetics brand and reputation are enhanced by Company’s Social Media activities; integrates with PR for live-event coverage and manages the efficient resolution of customer care issues on social media.
- Monitors industry trends and competition in Social Media and application; acts as in-house subject matter expert; makes recommendations to Leadership regarding: potential partnerships, adoption of relevant social techniques into the Jaclyn Cosmetics brand.
Key Working Relationships:
- Marketing, PR, Digital, Wholesale and others to create and drive a social media strategy that supports the brand.
- PR, brand, digital, and creative teams to oversee the development of campaigns and content for all marketing initiatives across web, social, email.
- Digital team to oversee an online experience enriched by engaging content and a holistic view of the brand’s community.
- Product Development team to develop product, collection, and new category names and messaging.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 4-6 years experience managing a brand Social Media presence with a record of consistent success.
- Strong understanding of Social Media trends and their impact on brand.
- Strong track record of producing successful marketing content, including video, from start-to-finish.
- Strong creative-writing and grammar and experience developing copy for successful marketing campaigns.
- Experience identifying and managing brand-partnership opportunities on social media to drive KPIs.
- Demonstrated creative sensibility across copywriting, video production, photography, and design.
- Ability to organize data and actionable insights in easy-to-understand executive summaries.
- Influencer relations experience required.
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.