Manager, Social Media - Bad Habit
Social Media | Pacoima, CA | Full Time
We’re FORMA. An incubator, accelerator, and curator of today’s beauty brands.
We celebrate, support, and seek those changing the world through creative expression. Each brand in our portfolio is thoughtfully selected, acquired, or created because of the products it offers, the stories it tells, and the beauty it spreads.
We’re a team made of: Equal parts thinkers and doers. Visionaries and operators. Strategists and creatives— we're united by a fierce entrepreneurial spirit. Our dive in, roll your sleeves up, get your hands' dirty approach to every project leads to extraordinary outcomes, and to some of the most popular beauty products on shelves today. We're a creative, professional, highly collaborative, seasoned, well-oiled team. We're in the business of beauty for a reason. There's nothing our team of 200+ people loves more than a good challenge, a great product, and the opportunity to make, celebrate, and spread beauty at scale.
This position is can be based in Pacoima, CA or San Francisco, CA
Summary of Position:
FORMA is looking for a Social Media Manager with a passion for skincare, beauty, content curation, engagement and management. The person in this position will come with at least 4 years of social marketing experience in all aspects of social media marketing and contributing to the development of owned media channels and IRL events. This position requires an understanding of the Gen Z skincare space, specifically how that community conversation takes place on the TikTok platform. The position is based in Pacoima, CA reporting to the senior director of social media.
- Creating and managing the living social/marketing-led calendar for all social platforms including but not limited to Instagram, Tik Tok and Twitter.
- Building workflow social creative management process to organize and schedule/publish content in a thoughtful and optimized manner.
- Branded social copy writing and editing.
- Assisting in the production and operations content at campaign shoots, influencer public appearances, and other talent-related events. This includes travel, shot lists, content organization, final selects for Bad Habit socials and influencer handoff.
- Content capturing for product stills and video assets for social
- Managing and monitoring community management
- Working with Sr. Dir
- to create content strategies for Bad Habit Launches that understand the brand voice
- to partner with wholesale teams on content planning
- to create weekly reporting strategies for executive leadership
- to communicate and build relationships with our field to bring store talent to Bad Habit Social as well and identify opportunities in stores and 3rd party retailer locations for content.
- Contribute to overall FORMA social department team ideation
- Traveling to Bad Habit social activations and events to capture, curate and story-tell the events on social media channels
- Working with social and influencer team analytics partners to measure, monitor, and report on specific programs and build longer-term trending related to competitors, other brands and influencer efforts.
- Work cross functionally to bridge the initiatives of all FORMA departments to result in content creation including creating contextual launch briefs, work orders and requests briefs for internal teams.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 4-6 years experience in social media marketing, specifically in the skincare industry.
- Strong communication skills.
- An open-minded team player with a collaborative attitude. Self-starter driven to make your work and the work of those around you better and a problem-solving attitude.
- Eagerness and willingness to learn and ability to multitask, manage their own time efficiently, and handle fast paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to capture the unique tone of voice and visual cues / codes of the Bad Habit brand.
- Highly organized and able to manage complex projects; detail oriented and take direction and flexible working within multiple project focused teams.
- Photoshop and video editing experience.
- Proficient in all native social channels and social publishing tools (e.g. Dash Hudson)
- Proven understanding of social media best practices and a strategic approach to a wide range of new and emerging platforms specifically TikTok.
- Ability to identify new and emerging social trends and platforms.
- At least 15% domestic and international travel may be required
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.