Sourcing and Production | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
We’re FORMA. An incubator, accelerator, and curator of today’s beauty brands.
We celebrate, support, and seek those changing the world through creative expression. Each brand in our portfolio is thoughtfully selected, acquired, or created because of the products it offers, the stories it tells, and the beauty it spreads.
We’re a team made of: Equal parts thinkers and doers. Visionaries and operators. Strategists and creatives— we're united by a fierce entrepreneurial spirit. Our dive in, roll your sleeves up, get your hands' dirty approach to every project leads to extraordinary outcomes, and to some of the most popular beauty products on shelves today. We're a creative, professional, highly collaborative, seasoned, well-oiled team. We're in the business of beauty for a reason. There's nothing our team of 200+ people loves more than a good challenge, a great product, and the opportunity to make, celebrate, and spread beauty at scale.
Summary of Position: The Manager of Production is responsible for procurement, production and managing suppliers globally ensuring timely delivery into the distribution center. Responsibilities include effective team management, component inventory management, cost optimization, supplier relationship development, production on-time delivery strategy/negotiation, and supply chain optimization.
- Own global production scheduling and on-time delivery, purchasing, including non-turnkey assembly, bill of materials explosion, and consumption analysis.
- Manage vendor relationship and proactively identify issues and work cross functionally internally and externally to resolve issues.
- Clear ownership of product category, providing concise and accurate updates to management and functional teams with clear recommendations on action items.
- Own production updates and actively participate in weekly status meetings with external and cross functional teams, individually and in a supervisory context.
- Communicate with multiple vendors on a daily basis, ensuring all purchasing deadlines are met.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with cross functional and external partners.
- Minimal travel on an as needed basis
- Be a positive influence to direct reports, team, and cross functional partners and maintain team spirit.
- Manage monthly OTB purchasing or components and finished goods, with accuracy and timeliness.
- Responsible for managing inventory at third party vendors, including managing consumption and inventory replenishment, and reserving slow moving and obsolete inventory.
- Proactively analyze business requirements, demand and forecast patterns and make recommendation smooth out variability by way of influencing and driving improvements with vendors in capacity loading production attainment, and customer service prioritizations.
- Evaluate vendor spend and recommend initiate and rollout strategic sourcing changes and requests for proposals to optimize category spend.
- Manage multiple programs/ projects simultaneously and delegate responsibilities across team
- Influence others and recommend process/ workflow improvements.
- Manage and report supplier performance metrics monthly and quarterly.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 7+ years purchasing, logistics, or supply chain experience required.
- Undergraduate degree strongly preferred.
- People management experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with Order Management and or supply chain systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft office including intermediate to advanced Excel skills required.
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communications skills.
- Detail oriented with strong follow through and initiative.
- Sense of urgency in managing time and accomplishing tasks.
- Strong willingness and positive attitude for learning new tools and trouble shooting.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment with little supervision.
- Ability to create clear pictures and present facts and recommendations in a succinct manner.
- Strong negotiation skills with ability to influence without authority.
- Ability to make decisions and risk based recommendations independently.
- Creative and analytical thinking.
- Ability to proactively identify problems, determines possible causes, and generates alternative solutions.
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.