Manager, Influencer Relations
Social Media | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
We’re FORMA. An incubator, accelerator, and curator of today’s beauty brands.
We celebrate, support, and seek those changing the world through creative expression. Each brand in our portfolio is thoughtfully selected, acquired, or created because of the products it offers, the stories it tells, and the beauty it spreads.
We’re a team made of: Equal parts thinkers and doers. Visionaries and operators. Strategists and creatives— we're united by a fierce entrepreneurial spirit. Our dive in, roll your sleeves up, get your hands' dirty approach to every project leads to extraordinary outcomes, and to some of the most popular beauty products on shelves today. We're a creative, professional, highly collaborative, seasoned, well-oiled team. We're in the business of beauty for a reason. There's nothing our team of 200+ people loves more than a good challenge, a great product, and the opportunity to make, celebrate, and spread beauty at scale.
Summary of Position:
The Manager of Influencer Relations will be responsible for helping scale FORMA Brands influencer strategy specifically around global programs, experiences and strategic partnerships leveraging relationships with top and emerging influencers. This role requires a proven track record in influencer relations, social media trends, events, mailing concepts/implementation and brand campaigns.
- Influencer Relations: 50%
- Program Management: 50%
- Work with Director and external agencies to scale global affiliate and micro-influencer programs.
- Manage two micro-influencer focused team members; program strategy and execution.
- Point of contact for influencer partners, ensuring brand experience is “white glove” service at all times – i.e. production shoots, personal appearances, meetings.
- Work closely with Director to manage partnership opportunities by recruiting/pitching new influencers, monitoring activity and on-boarding new partners.
- Manage mailer program with Director, responsibilities include planning and execution.
- Review, pitch and execute influencer driven partnership and sponsorship opportunities.
- Responsible for participating in casting research for content shoots and campaigns.
- Develop an ongoing strategy for multiple brand categories; make recommendations informed by consumer insights, KPIs and industry landscape.
- Analyze and report the effectiveness of programs and document competitive analysis for management using Tribe and other influencer platforms.
- Drive strategic planning and creative collaboration with managers to shape the development and execution of influencer marketing campaigns.
- Work closely with leaders to evolve internal processes to champion efficiency
- Lead and support creation of an enriched and engaging experience for the FORMA Brands influencer network.
- Maintain and establish industry contacts with influencers and key players across various verticals.
- Work with cross-functional departments to review and facilitate key initiatives; influencer discovery/ education, provide recommendations, seeding strategy and events.
- Pitch and execute FORMA Brands aligned community building experiences and events.
- Build PowerPoint and Excels, with strong skill set in formatting and presenting information
Required Skills & Experience:
- 3-5+ years of experience in a beauty, influencer marketing and/or relations role
- Strong project management skills, creative instinct and analytical ability – ability to review and provide feedback to support the long-term success of Influencer department
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to adjust level of detail and tone to appropriate audience at all levels.
- Ability to present to partners internally and externally
- Ability to prioritize and manage work load delivering outputs and meeting timelines
- Ability to react to project changes and ambiguity
- Established relationships with influencers and understanding of industry landscape
- Strong communicator, natural networker and highly organized
- Deep knowledge of social content, best practices and digital trends
- Knowledge of international influencers is a plus
- 35% domestic and international travel may be required
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.