Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
Finance | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
We’re FORMA. An incubator, accelerator, and curator of today’s beauty brands.
We celebrate, support, and seek those changing the world through creative expression. Each brand in our portfolio is thoughtfully selected, acquired, or created because of the products it offers, the stories it tells, and the beauty it spreads.
We’re a team made of: Equal parts thinkers and doers. Visionaries and operators. Strategists and creatives— we're united by a fierce entrepreneurial spirit. Our dive in, roll your sleeves up, get your hands' dirty approach to every project leads to extraordinary outcomes, and to some of the most popular beauty products on shelves today. We're a creative, professional, highly collaborative, seasoned, well-oiled team. We're in the business of beauty for a reason. There's nothing our team of 200+ people loves more than a good challenge, a great product, and the opportunity to make, celebrate, and spread beauty at scale.
Summary of Position:
This role is responsible for managing and providing critical support to the leadership teams by working cross-functionally to analyze business performance, understand and challenge key assumptions, and drive the setting of short and long-term financial plans for the business. This role will align the day to day focus and execution in stores with our strategic goals and will focus on business modeling and financial planning processes that will effectively scale the company’s growth.
- Manage the annual, quarterly, and monthly budgeting and forecasting for the global wholesale channels by working in close partnership with various business partners within the company
- Oversee the full P&L for each wholesale account across all brands within FORMA and act as the primary liaison with the UK finance team to ensure wholesale strategies are aligned
- Own revenue forecasts based on growth strategies, store productivity metrics, product pipeline, and historical trends, forecasting from gross to net sales
- Provide senior leaders within wholesale operations and senior management with an overview of weekly and monthly retailer performance as well as updated revenue projections, making recommendations to optimize performance within each wholesale customer
- Partners with the wholesale, inventory planning, and inventory management teams to align on key initiatives and product programs to ensure financials plans are aligned with inventory and sales plans to optimize inventory levels
- Manage capital expenditure investments by partnering with several key functional areas within the Company, including Wholesale and Visual Merchandising Teams to ensure accurate cash flow projections
- Prepare Board of Director slides to support the wholesale team and key KPI’s for the business
- Partner with Accounting and budget owners to review and validate monthly P&L’s during close, identifying and researching significant variances and reporting out on performance against budget
- Play a key role in ad hoc projects; projects can range from multi-departmental, long-term partnerships to short-term, one-off assignments.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 7 years of FP&A or Accounting experience
- Experience in the Retail and Wholesale industry, a plus
- Proficient in Excel & Powerpoint