Manager, Brand Development - New Brands
Brand Development | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
We’re FORMA. An incubator, accelerator, and curator of today’s beauty brands.
We celebrate, support, and seek those changing the world through creative expression. Each brand in our portfolio is thoughtfully selected, acquired, or created because of the products it offers, the stories it tells, and the beauty it spreads.
We’re a team made of: Equal parts thinkers and doers. Visionaries and operators. Strategists and creatives— we're united by a fierce entrepreneurial spirit. Our dive in, roll your sleeves up, get your hands' dirty approach to every project leads to extraordinary outcomes, and to some of the most popular beauty products on shelves today. We're a creative, professional, highly collaborative, seasoned, well-oiled team. We're in the business of beauty for a reason. There's nothing our team of 200+ people loves more than a good challenge, a great product, and the opportunity to make, celebrate, and spread beauty at scale.
The Manager, Brand Development - New Brands will drive product and brand strategy for their assigned categories, collaborating with the New Brand team to achieve the Brand strategy and financial objectives. This includes new product pipeline management, identifying market opportunities and trends, global positioning and launch strategy along with the ongoing management of their category portfolio including product exits. The ideal candidate has a passion for beauty, a strong creative and analytical skillset, a high level of organization, strong communication skills and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Develop product pipeline line & promotional support for assigned categories in collaboration with New Brand team, Product Development, Marketing & PR, Influencer & Talent team and Sales Channel/Market leads by building insights from the market place, customers and influencers.
- Ownership of assigned category of business from ideation to launch including product concept briefing, business case for sales and target consumer, distribution strategy, pricing, delivering on margin targets, briefing creative, editorial, marketing, education, artistry, visual merchandising and talent teams, and working with commercial teams for amplification.
- Lead analysis and development of category and product opportunities to support brand growth plans, size global sales volume potential and understand color/sku count needs, features and benefits required to deliver while also managing margin, define the global assortment and strategy by category & subcategory and defining product life cycle of all current and in development.
- Support analysis and development of select categories or projects as defined by your manager
- Manage all development projects to lead-time
- Collaborate with the New Brand team on product launch and promotional calendar development to support business objectives of each launch & marketing campaign.
- Partner with Marketing, Social Media and Influencer team to build strategic 360 programs for newness campaigns and core re-promotes.
- Collaborate with commercial teams and/or marketing on brand growth partnerships by defining the objective, timing and assortment for relevant campaigns.
- Own the accuracy and timing on the global assortment doc updates and pricing documents for assigned categories which informs the operations and sales teams on assortment builds.
- Conduct weekly business analysis understanding assigned category performance to plan and creating action plans as needed
- Conduct competitive global pricing analysis for new products.
- Lead timely assessment of consumer reviews and social response to assigned categories.
- Identify consumer and employee survey and research opportunities to better inform strategy, product pipeline and promotional calendars.
- Monthly analysis of current industry data (ex: NPD, Mintel, Trend Forecasting and other data sources) to identify assigned category performance to industry trends which informs launch and promotional decisions.
- Adhoc analysis and projects based on evolving business needs to include, but not limited to: financial analysis, marketing planning, event planning, brand research.
Key Working Relationships:
Creative, Copy, Sourcing, Product Development, Retail Stores Team, Wholesale, Visual Merchandising, Social, Education, Digital/Ecomm, Planning, People Team
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-5 years of experience in a marketing or brand management role
- Beauty brand management experience preferred.
- Strong project management skills and analytical ability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to adjust level of detail and tone to appropriate audience and at all levels.
- Ability to present to all partners internally and externally
- Ability to prioritize and manage work load delivering outputs and meeting timelines.
- Ability to react to project changes and ambiguity
- Strong creative instinct and analytical skill- ability to review, analyze and provide feedback to support the long-term health of the brand
- Attention to detail.
- Critical thinking/problem-solving – ability to identify issues, make recommendations, and meet deadlines without sacrificing quality of work.
- Ability to work independently and with cross-functional teams in a fast-moving environment and often under pressure.
- Strong relationship-building skills, and ability to leverage partnerships across a complex organization to get work done.
- Excellent Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, and project management skills required
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.