Lead, Shipping + Receiving
Warehouse | Pacoima, CA | Full Time
We’re FORMA. An incubator, accelerator, and curator of today’s beauty brands.
We celebrate, support, and seek those changing the world through creative expression. Each brand in our portfolio is thoughtfully selected, acquired, or created because of the products it offers, the stories it tells, and the beauty it spreads.
We’re a team made of: Equal parts thinkers and doers. Visionaries and operators. Strategists and creatives— we're united by a fierce entrepreneurial spirit. Our dive in, roll your sleeves up, get your hands' dirty approach to every project leads to extraordinary outcomes, and to some of the most popular beauty products on shelves today. We're a creative, professional, highly collaborative, seasoned, well-oiled team. We're in the business of beauty for a reason. There's nothing our team of 200+ people loves more than a good challenge, a great product, and the opportunity to make, celebrate, and spread beauty at scale.
The Lead, Shipping + Receiving works closely with Receiving & Shipping Supervisor and Manager to manage and direct all outbound trucks and product daily. Leads team of Forklift Drivers and Warehouse Associates to ensure timely receiving, loading and organization of all outbound product. Must follow all company safety and security policies and procedures. Ownership of DC safety and driving a zero-accident culture.
- Train, provide work direction and coordinate the schedules for all outbound shipments: LTL, Ground, Express, daily pickups.
- Follow and execute all POs, Bill of Lading for all outbound product.
- File all paperwork associated with the shipments.
- Works with internal and external trucks to ensure trucks are loaded properly and depart on time.
- Provides work direction to warehouse workers daily to increase warehouse efficiency, accuracy and safety.
- Plan and ensure Warehouse space is available to ensure product can be shipped.
- Communicates to Shipping and Receiving Supervisor and Manager issues.
- Meets deadlines and goals as established by management.
- Trains and develops warehouse workers.
- Provides feedback to supervisor on strengths and development needs of team members.
- Monitors employee break schedules and holds them accountable.
- Role model and enforces company policies and procedures. Provides feedback to Supervisor when inconsistencies are observed.
- Assists with projects, tracks data and produces ad hoc reports.
- Operate a variety of warehouse equipment and vehicles; Stand up trucks/sit-down forklifts.
- Maintain regular and acceptable attendance.
Key Working Relationships:
- Distribution Center Management
- Manager, Transportation
Required Skills & Experience:
- 2 years warehouse experience in a fast pace environment. Proven leadership qualities and demonstrated good judgment is a plus. Leads by example.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and ability to multi-task and build relationships.
- Flexibility and the ability to handle change in a positive manner.
- Must have open flexibility to work during peak traffic times including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must have experience on a stand-up reach tow motor in the past 6 months.
- Must be able to drive in narrow aisles and open floor space.
- Maintain good standing driving record.
- Ability to consistently walk, stoop, kneel, bend, sit and crouch on a concrete floor required.
- Ability to frequently lift, lower, and carry up to 45 lbs.
- Sit for long periods at a time.
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.`