Inventory Planning | New York, NY | Full Time
We’re FORMA. An incubator, accelerator, and curator of today’s beauty brands.
We celebrate, support, and seek those changing the world through creative expression. Each brand in our portfolio is thoughtfully selected, acquired, or created because of the products it offers, the stories it tells, and the beauty it spreads.
We’re a team made of: Equal parts thinkers and doers. Visionaries and operators. Strategists and creatives— we're united by a fierce entrepreneurial spirit. Our dive in, roll your sleeves up, get your hands' dirty approach to every project leads to extraordinary outcomes, and to some of the most popular beauty products on shelves today. We're a creative, professional, highly collaborative, seasoned, well-oiled team. We're in the business of beauty for a reason. There's nothing our team of 200+ people loves more than a good challenge, a great product, and the opportunity to make, celebrate, and spread beauty at scale.
Summary of Position:
The Inventory Planner is responsible for the pre-season and in-season sales and inventory planning of assigned channels and brands (Ecomm, retail, or wholesale). This will include forecasting tops-down and bottoms-up sales demand, trending sku and category performance, tracking and reporting results to drive sales, revenue, and inventory goals.
The ideal candidate must be able to multi‐task with the ability to manage projects with a strong attention to detail, analyze and process large amounts of data and solve complex problem, and build strong internal relationships with cross functional teams.
• Develop and build pre-season plans, recommend investment quantities and accurate flow forecasts, working with the Brand merchant team and channel sales teams to gain alignment
• Report, analyze, and reconcile sales trends and business drivers to create accurate topline and bottoms up sku forecasts
• Implement consistent and profitable in-season replenishment strategies and practices through monthly open to buy
• Present strategies, opportunities, risks, and business updates to management and business partners
• Deep understanding of the channel’s strengths, weaknesses and performance drivers to lead strategic business discussions to maximize sales, revenue, and profitability.
• Create and distribute weekly and monthly business recaps, with emphasis on performance drivers and issues in a clear, timely manner with solutions and impact highlighted
• Ensure timely reaction to changes in business with appropriate changes in plans and communication to partners
• Partner with Brand and Sales teams to manage inventory levels by making recommendations for promotions and markdown strategies
• Be comfortable with creating solutions to problems without constant direction, in a fast-paced environment; flexible with working independently as well as close team environment
• Take a leading role in managing inventory for their channel
Required Skills & Experience:
• BA/BS degree plus minimum of 4-¬5 years wholesale or retail planning, buying, and/or supply chain experience.
• Experience in SKU¬ level and category planning, financial planning process, and report/model building.
• Strong analytic skills with the ability to compile and analyze large sets of data, and a clear understanding of basic financial & inventory measures: sales, gross margin, weeks on hand/weeks of supply, sell thru, turn; proficiency in retail math.
• Proficiency with MS Office, with advanced Excel skills, and have aptitude to learn technical applications quickly.
• Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to handle multiple priorities and adaptive to shifting priorities in a fast-changing environment.
• Must be able to develop strategies to drive sales & revenue, negotiate persuasively to implement with business partners.
• Flexible, team player with the ability to work independently as well as with cross functional teams.
• Must be resourceful and self-motivated, with excellent attention to detail.
• Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills.
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.