District Manager - Northeast
Retail | Paramus, NJ | Full Time
We’re FORMA. An incubator, accelerator, and curator of today’s beauty brands.
We celebrate, support, and seek those changing the world through creative expression. Each brand in our portfolio is thoughtfully selected, acquired, or created because of the products it offers, the stories it tells, and the beauty it spreads.
We’re a team made of: Equal parts thinkers and doers. Visionaries and operators. Strategists and creatives— we're united by a fierce entrepreneurial spirit. Our dive in, roll your sleeves up, get your hands' dirty approach to every project leads to extraordinary outcomes, and to some of the most popular beauty products on shelves today. We're a creative, professional, highly collaborative, seasoned, well-oiled team. We're in the business of beauty for a reason. There's nothing our team of 200+ people loves more than a good challenge, a great product, and the opportunity to make, celebrate, and spread beauty at scale.
The District Manager is responsible for the exceptional customer service and driving sales to financial success for a District of Morphe stores through their leadership and guidance. Responsible for recruiting, hiring, coaching and developing a team of exceptional Managers and store teams throughout their district. The District Manager must drive profitable growth and achieve financial goals set out for the District by utilizing business data to analyze and influence performance, ensure brand integrity and manage KPI’s; including but not limited to payroll and inventory. The District Manager is required to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external business partners to maximize the success of their business.
- Responsible for creating strategies to drive sales for each location to meet or exceed targets and financial goals
- Accountable for the financial goals of the District through management of the P&L, payroll, budget, expense management, discounting, loss prevention and performance
- Strategic agility and established leadership capabilities in managing complexity of higher volume territories, door counts, and field staff
- Successfully support and participate in execution of company driven promotions, successful events and launches to meet and exceed sales targets and deliver the best experience possible for customers
- Responsible for driving local events and experiences for customer
- Ensures focus on the selling floor by all store staff in all locations with a clear prioritization of excellent service through coaching and team development
- Positive representative of the Morphe brand
- Ensures a consistent focus on artistry skills through training and recognizing artistry skill development through partnership with the Education team
- Maintains and shares knowledge of trends in the industry to develop their teams’ abilities to provide the best service possible
- Entrepreneurial inspirational leader for the District, messaging company strategic goals and linking these goals to individual location and employee performance. Provides business insights, consistent company communication, guidance, encouragement and coaching to all employees within the District. Models desired organizational behaviors and fosters an atmosphere the motivates, encourages and challenges to team to improve performance and achieve excellence
- Responsible for the talent strategy for Store Managers in District; to include recruiting, makeup auditions, training, coaching and developing top talent to grow within the organization. Must fill open positions with urgency. Also, responsible for oversight of each locations staffing strategy
- Makes consistent and quality visits, holds management meetings in person and via phone and has regular touch bases with their Store Managers and their entire teams in all locations to develop the talent and capabilities of their teams
- Works closely with the Morphe Education team to schedule trainings and consistent skills development and develop training programs and events based on District needs. Ensures all trainings are delivered on brand and the desired artistry and service knowledge/skills are built with every employee in store. Facilitate trainings for store teams as assigned, to include product knowledge, artistry, service and selling techniques
- Confident and skillful coach, offers feedback and comfortable navigating difficult conversations with professionalism, poise and kindness. Ensures all employees in the District are held accountable to job performance, selling behaviors and policy
- Creates an open and welcoming environment where clear and fair expectations are set and all employees are treated with respect. Solicits feedback from team members and investigations and resolves concerns promptly
- Plans, facilitates and/or participates in regular conference calls and District, Regional and company meetings to provide collaboration, solutions, and input to address business needs
- Gathers knowledge and best practices for the organization, providing feedback to key partners, as applicable, to inform improvements that are needed
- Build and maintain strong strategic partnerships with internal and external business partners
- Provide leadership and participation in ad-hoc strategic projects, as designated by corporate partners and/or field leadership
- Responsible for new store openings within the District, working closely with key business partners to execute all aspects of the store openings to include, but not limited to; relationships and communication with mall management, recruiting and hiring of a new Morphe squad, training and onboarding, store opening activities upon possession of the location and the planning and oversight of events associated with the store opening
- Ensures the district operations are run smoothly, safely and efficiently and the environment is always appealing and engaging for the customer to explore
- Responsible for knowing, following and administering all company policies and procedures and operational standards in all locations
- Ensures corporate communications are filtered to the team
- Responsible for staff payroll hours and scheduling. Approve schedules which drive sales opportunities and maximizes customer experience, ensures staffing is prioritized to provide optimal schedules and ensure the best customer service is provided
- Reviews and approves Timekeeping records for Stores Managers, ensuring accurate hours are submitted. Ensures record keeping standards
- Accountable for effective merchandising updates, management of in-store inventory levels and successful execution of visual direction; all resulting in clear brand identity that supports the Morphe service model
- Ensure consistent standards of cleanliness, maintenance and organization throughout the district
- Minimum of 5-7 years of multi-unit or high-volume specialty store management experience required
- Demonstrated ability to drive sales through leadership, developing teams that provide exceptional customer service
- Demonstrated ability to inspire, coach and develop a team of managers
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to influence others
- Ability to work collaboratively and build positive/effective business partnerships, with all levels in the organization in a fast
- paced and growing environment
- Ability to work independently with excellent planning, prioritization and organizational skills
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and business acumen, proven ability to analyze sales data and create effective action plans
- Ability to identify top talent, network, recruit, create and maintain high performing teams
- Cosmetic industry and artistry experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to manage and solve problems
- Possesses a professional appearance that exemplifies and upholds the Morphe dress code and consistently demonstrates a
- Polished look with regularly updated makeup styles
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Possess a personal vehicle to be utilized for business purposes
- Must have open flexibility to work during peak traffic times, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Able to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds
- Able to stand on your feet for up to 8 hours
- Ability to travel 90% of time
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.
No recruitment agencies, please.