Operations | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
We’re FORMA. An incubator, accelerator, and curator of today’s beauty brands.
We celebrate, support, and seek those changing the world through creative expression. Each brand in our portfolio is thoughtfully selected, acquired, or created because of the products it offers, the stories it tells, and the beauty it spreads.
We’re a team made of: Equal parts thinkers and doers. Visionaries and operators. Strategists and creatives— we're united by a fierce entrepreneurial spirit. Our dive in, roll your sleeves up, get your hands' dirty approach to every project leads to extraordinary outcomes, and to some of the most popular beauty products on shelves today. We're a creative, professional, highly collaborative, seasoned, well-oiled team. We're in the business of beauty for a reason. There's nothing our team of 200+ people loves more than a good challenge, a great product, and the opportunity to make, celebrate, and spread beauty at scale.
This position can be based in Los Angeles or New York City
Summary of Position:
The Quality Director is a new role, critical to supporting the rapid growth of FORMA Brands globally. FORMA’s portfolio spans color cosmetics and accessories, skin care, hair care, and more, and this role will be integral to developing, executing, continuously improving and managing performance of Quality Assurance and Quality Control across the FORMA business. The role works closely with Operations, Regulatory and Brand to ensure that FORMA has robust quality principles, protocols, governance and reporting so that we deliver high quality, safe, attractive products to our consumers across the world.
- Set-up and implement QMS across portfolio
- Set-up and maintain control and documentation procedures
- Collect and analyze performance date and drives CI initiatives
- Ensure that tests, inspections and procedures are established and executed appropriately
- Supervise global quality team, inspections procedure and quality management system
- Liaise with customers, auditors and 3rd parties as well as internal partners to ensure all aspects of quality are being properly managed
- Monitor performance against internal and external data and benchmarks
- Establish product specifications and process to ensure products meet or exceed standards
- Manage geographically dispersed QA team, plus any third party contractors or agencies as needed
- Manage Global Customer Service and Escalations team to appropriately capture, track and report the Voice of the Customer, while driving continuous quality improvement across the value chain.
Key Working Relationships: Production, Sourcing, Distribution, Regulatory, Brand, Supply Planning
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 8 years quality management experience in the Beauty, Personal Care, or Hair care industry. 3 years managing teams.
- Experience managing Quality systems for an organization that leverage external manufacturing
- Experience managing geographically dispersed Quality teams
- Preferred experience developing and executing a quality strategy for a fast-growing organization
Travel Requirements: ~25 – 40% to production sites (China, Europe, USA) as well as to the FORMA warehouse in Pacoima, CA (QC team)
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.