Internal Application: Director, Global Planning
Inventory Planning | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
We’re FORMA. An incubator, accelerator, and curator of today’s beauty brands.
We celebrate, support, and seek those changing the world through creative expression. Each brand in our portfolio is thoughtfully selected, acquired, or created because of the products it offers, the stories it tells, and the beauty it spreads.
We’re a team made of: Equal parts thinkers and doers. Visionaries and operators. Strategists and creatives— we're united by a fierce entrepreneurial spirit. Our dive in, roll your sleeves up, get your hands' dirty approach to every project leads to extraordinary outcomes, and to some of the most popular beauty products on shelves today. We're a creative, professional, highly collaborative, seasoned, well-oiled team. We're in the business of beauty for a reason. There's nothing our team of 200+ people loves more than a good challenge, a great product, and the opportunity to make, celebrate, and spread beauty at scale.
Summary of Position: The Director of Global Planning oversees the pre-season and in-season sales and inventory planning for all brands and channels of distribution, managing a team of managers and planners that will specialize in specific channels. This will include forecasting tops-down and bottoms-up sales demand, trending sku and category performance, tracking and reporting results to drive sales, revenue, and inventory goals.
The ideal candidate must have solid working knowledge of demand forecasting, retail merchandise planning, inventory management best practices and have demonstrated experience in creatively applying these practices to improve inventory productivity metrics.
- Own the development of pre-season and in-season demand sales, gross margin, and inventory plans, ensuring strategies are aligned with the cross functional teams including brand merchants, sales teams, inventory management, and finance
- Create new planning tools and processes, improve existing ones, and support the business through in-depth reporting and analytics, communicating financial results and insights on a weekly basis
- Manage a high performing team to drive towards forecast accuracy through collaboration with cross-functional teams in securing their input and driving for alignment
- Lead the reporting, analyzing, and reconciliation of sales trends and future business drivers to create accurate topline and bottoms up sku forecasts
- Present weekly and monthly business recaps to cross functional teams and executive leaders, with emphasis on performance drivers, communicating issues in a clear, timely manner with solutions and impact highlighted
- Conduct quarterly seasonal hindsight analysis on sales and margin performance against targets, identifying areas for improvement to optimize sales, margin, and inventory management
- Lead the overall monthly/weekly OTB and S&OP process, implementing consistent and profitable in-season replenishment strategies and practices
- Ensure timely reaction to changes in business with appropriate shifts in plans and communication to partners.
- Own the in-season and pre-season planning deliverables to ensure successful execution of inventory management for all channels, being the liaison between the retail partner and sales teams and supply chain
- Be comfortable with creating solutions to problems without constant direction, in a fast-paced environment; flexible with working independently as well as close team environment
- Present strategies, opportunities, and business updates to management and business partners
Key Working Relationships: Sales Teams for all channels, Inventory Management, Sourcing, Brand Team, Finance
Required Skills & Experience:
- BA/BS degree plus minimum of 10 years wholesale or retail planning, buying, and/or supply chain experience.
- Experience in SKU level and category planning, financial planning process, and report/model building.
- Strong analytic skills with the ability to compile and analyze large sets of data, and a clear understanding of basic financial & inventory measures: sales, gross margin, weeks on hand/weeks of supply, sell thru, turn; proficiency in retail math.
- Proficiency with MS Office, with advanced Excel skills, and have aptitude to learn technical applications quickly.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to handle multiple priorities and adaptive to shifting priorities in a fast-changing environment.
- Flexible, team player with the ability to work independently as well as with cross functional teams.
- Must be resourceful and self-motivated, with excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills.
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.