Director, Global Communications
People | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
We’re FORMA. An incubator, accelerator, and curator of today’s beauty brands.
We celebrate, support, and seek those changing the world through creative expression. Each brand in our portfolio is thoughtfully selected, acquired, or created because of the products it offers, the stories it tells, and the beauty it spreads.
We’re a team made of: Equal parts thinkers and doers. Visionaries and operators. Strategists and creatives— we're united by a fierce entrepreneurial spirit. Our dive in, roll your sleeves up, get your hands' dirty approach to every project leads to extraordinary outcomes, and to some of the most popular beauty products on shelves today. We're a creative, professional, highly collaborative, seasoned, well-oiled team. We're in the business of beauty for a reason. There's nothing our team of 200+ people loves more than a good challenge, a great product, and the opportunity to make, celebrate, and spread beauty at scale.
We’re looking for a creative + strategic Director, Global Communications to lead our communications function. This is the perfect opportunity for an innovative leader who is willing to take calculated risks, be bold and explore new ways and approaches to communicate with and engage our global teams. This role reports to our Vice President of People + Organizational Strategy and works closely with our CEO and Executive Leaders.
The Director, Global Communications is responsible for developing a global strategic internal communications strategy for FORMA Brands, translating business goals and shaping stories which reflect the priorities and market position for each unique brand, while strengthening internal engagement + reinforcing cultural outcomes.
The Director, Global Communications reports to the Vice President of People & Organizational Strategy, serves as a key partner to the Executive Leadership Team and works closely with the CEO and to deliver strategic messages to the global organization. This role is accountable for delivering FORMA Brands’ communication strategy, including FORMA Brands’ corporate social media platforms, the global communications calendar and executing company-wide meetings.
- Design FORMA Brands’ new communication strategy, in partnership with the Vice President, People + Organizational Strategy, to tell meaningful and relevant stories about our portfolio of Brands, our team-members + our customers around the globe, which increases team-member awareness and engagement
- Establish and maintain a consistent company-wide communication cadence for all company communications to include, leadership messages, business updates, organizational announcements and crisis communications with a critical focus on inclusive messaging, aligning company priorities and driving engagement
- Support all company DEI initiatives by leading DEI communications, and acting as a key partner to our DEI consultant
- Manage the Global Communications Calendar, which includes brand-focused company-wide gatherings including bi-weekly global meetings, quarterly BOD meetings, ongoing engagement activities, and a regular communication cadence
- Advance the communications approach for the CEO, President and other Executive Leaders by developing a communication practice to help them further engage with team-members and share timely, relevant business information and create meaningful connections to the company’s priorities
- Develop strategies and campaigns to drive understanding of and commitment to company-wide initiatives and priorities
- Develop our corporate social media narrative and messaging pillars to establish FORMA Brand’s voice, drive understand of company-wide initiatives and company culture, and activate this across all corporate social media platforms
- Create and spearhead unique internal engagement programs that drive FORMA Brand’s unique culture across our global locations and for our distinct populations, which help to retain our high-performing team
- Implement and manage FORMA’s social intranet
- Partner with cross-functional partners to build upon a culture which is fast moving, never satisfied, collaborative and accountable
- Set the strategy for and manage planning + execution of major meetings and events across the organization, to ensure a balanced and dynamic approach to reaching team-members across global audiences
- Create and maintain a team-member centric, on-boarding program, which introduces new team-members to our portfolio of brands and dynamic work environment
- Monitor and manage relevant topics and trends (both in the market and within the company) that could impact our team-members, our culture, or our company’s strategy
- Analyze the effectiveness of the executive and internal communication programs and develop recommendations to continually improve the quality and effectiveness of team-member communications
Managing the communications budget
Key Working Relationships:
Executive Leadership Team, People Team, Creative Department, Marketing, Retail Operations
Required Skills & Experience:
- Fiercely curious, listens to understand, observes to learn
- Scrappy and creative with passion for building a communications platform from the foundation
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and create strong work place boundaries
- Solution focused, flexible, organized and detail obsessed
- Loves to have fun and creates purposeful ways to bring joy into communications and culture
- 15 years’ experience in Corporate Communications
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications or related field
- Must provide writing samples
- 15% travel required once business returns to normal
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.