Web Technical Lead
PHP Web Developer | Sin El Fil, Lebanon | Full Time
· Working closely with upper management.
· Document code consistently throughout the development process by listing a description of the program, special instructions, and any changes made in database tables on procedural, modular and database level.
· Occasionally making presentations to customer or client audiences or professional peers.
· Responsible for communicating with the team and the project manager regarding programming needs and performance.
· Research and recommend software tools to management.
· Provide recommendations to management concerning issues of programmer productivity and software development management.
· Ensure quality of such applications by using testing tools and methodologies
· Support, manage and work closely with junior web software engineers
· Coordinate with the designers and quality assurance teams
· Increase the knowledge of the web department team, and maintain a robust framework
· Maintain and back up the application once it’s running and provide quality work according to the company’s standards
· Make sure the development process is running smoothly and according to the project’s requirements and deadlines
· Deliver across the entire app life cycle –concept, design, build, deploy, test, release to app stores and support
· Work directly with different platform developers and product managers to conceptualize, build, test and realize products
· Gather requirements around functionality and translate those requirements into elegant functional solutions
· Create compelling device specific user interfaces and experiences
· Standardize the platform and in some cases apps to deliver across multiple brands with minimal duplication of effort
· Optimize performance for the apps
· Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in the mobile technologies
· Explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders
· Attend industry events/ conference – both attending and presenting
· Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
· Focus on continuous improvement to help drive and evolve our practices
· BS or BE degree in information technology or computer science
· At least 5 years of relevant work experience
· Proficient knowledge of PHP (Laravel Framework)
· Proficient knowledge of CSS3 (less or sess is a plus)
· Proficient knowledge of HTML5 and MySQL database
· Familiar with source code management systems such as GIT or SVN
Skills and Competencies:
· Ability to solve problems quickly and completely.
· Possess excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on verbal and written communication.
· Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
· Experience and ability to teach or instruct co-workers.
· Ability to learn new programming languages and new technologies quickly.
· Ability to write, edit, and debug programs to achieve desired output.
· Ability to work productively in a team.
· Fluent in Arabic and English; French is a plus