Senior PHP Web Developer
PHP Web Developer | Sin El Fil, Lebanon | Full Time
Senior PHP Web Developer
Develops websites and mobile apps (web-based) by studying the system, designing, developing, and testing the solution. Supports junior developers of Front-End team.
- Responsible for processing and performing all jobs in an efficient manner with no assistance from the supervisor
- Working closely with upper management.
- Designs and develops websites making specific determinations about system performance.
- Responding promptly and professionally to bug reports.
- Responsible for developing new products, to keep our products current with changing technologies.
- Analyze system specifications and translate system requirements to task specifications for junior programmers.
- Responsible for maintenance of the developed websites and web apps after deployment; including diagnosis and troubleshooting of bugs and poor performance.
- Tests new programs to ensure that logic and syntax are correct, and that program results are accurate; assists lower-level programmers with programming assignments.
- Document code consistently throughout the development process by listing a description of the program, special instructions, and any changes made in database tables on procedural, modular and database level.
- Occasionally making presentations to customer or client audiences or professional peers.
- Responsible for communicating with the team and the project manager regarding programming needs and performance.
- Research and recommend software tools to management.
- Provide recommendations to management concerning issues of programmer productivity and software development management.
- BS or BE degree in information technology or computer science
- At least 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong knowledge of PHP (Laravel Framework)
- Strong knowledge of CSS3 (less or sess is a plus)
- Strong knowledge of HTML5 and MySQL database
- Familiar with source code management systems such as GIT or SVN
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely.
- Possess excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on verbal and written communication.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
- Experience and ability to teach or instruct co-workers.
- Ability to learn new programming languages and new technologies quickly.
- Ability to write, edit, and debug programs to achieve desired output.
- Ability to work productively in a team.
- Overall knowledge of the computing environment at large, e.g. operating systems, MS offices, tools, etc…
- Fluent in Arabic and English; French is a plus