Manufacturing | Greater Los Angeles Area | Full Time
Join one of the largest and fastest growing cannabis organizations. Be in a position to massively influence how an industry is forged.
We are looking for a self-motivated and focused Project Engineer with excellent analytical, organizational and problem-solving abilities. The ideal candidate will be take pride in their exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal) and be able to anticipate what needs to be done and take action.
Over the next 6-11 months, this role is expected to be focused on project design work in conjunction with our Engineering partners during construction of the facility. The location will be based in Mammoth Lakes, CA
- Interface with design effort in project phase to provide input to mechanical equipment from maintenance and operability.
- Provide assistance to Maintenance team in spare parts setup.
- Liaison with engineering team and vendors during construction to ensure that equipment is installed per design and meets specs.
- Work with the process design team and implement projects from final design to mechanical completion.
- Work with vendors/equipment manufacturers to understand the equipment requirements for installation.
- Coordinate with engineering companies to manage project and administer contracts
- Take scope of work and develop cost and capital estimates.
- Exercise a disciplined process for project management (IPA).
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering – mechanical preferred.
- 6 plus years of project management experience in a medium to large company especially in a process industry
- Solid understanding and experience with EHS requirements at City, State, & Federal level
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- After 6-11 months travel will be required to vendor and company sites
- Professional Engineer Certification
- Knowledge of data analysis techniques, Root Cause Analysis, tools and application
- Experience in chemical manufacturing plants
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing principles
- Materials, rotating equipment and /or piping experience