President & C.O.O. of Cannabis Manufacturing Company
Manufacturing | Greater Los Angeles Area | Full Time
Join one of the largest and fastest growing cannabis organizations. Be in a position to massively influence how an industry is forged.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: CEO
BASIC FUNCTION: Are you entrepreneurial and able to enhance our culture of a happy, hungry and focused team? Are you a sophisticated business leader, that has been responsible for all aspects of operations, manufacturing, research and development, team management, culture and employee morale? If so…. we would love to hear from you!
- Maintain a list of objectives in order of priority and help coordinate with the manager to divide and conquer.
- Be the person that organizes and prioritizes the directors of the following departments: including scientific research, manufacturing, production, new factory development, asset acquisitions, operations, and administration.
- Implement sophisticated and proven operating processes throughout the organization.
- Grow the culture that holds our core values of being "happy, hungry and focused".
- Recruit and retain a team of "A"-players; continuously train, coach and mentor managers and team members to increase productivity, and for their personal career advancement.
- Manage all day-to-day operations of the business; make tough, but fair decisions on a consistent basis.
- Build a strong and meaningful relationship with top 10 vendors and support all growth opportunities.
- Interact seamlessly with the CEO and Founder to understand strategic priorities and creatively identify and execute plans to lead the company.
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE:
The ideal candidate will be a role model for the overall staff. This executive will rapidly establish credibility both within, and outside of, the organization.
The ideal candidate for this position must have a demonstrated track record of success in operating emerging and entrepreneurial companies in a senior executive capacity. This executive will preferably have 10 or more years of professional experience, with the majority of his/her time having been spent in creative, growth companies. Inventory management, manufacturing, and logistics experience is a plus.
Keys to Success:
1. Set appropriate Standards of Excellence.
2. Obsessive focus on key metrics. Take action to drive change if numbers are showing any deviations from plan.
3. Superb communication with the CEO, board and your direct reports
4. Highly effective 3rd-party vendor management
5. Maintain high morale, low turnover and commitment to excellence within your team.
6. Anticipate issues sufficiently in advance to take corrective action before they become problems.
7. Recognize what judgment calls are being or need to be made and seek input to ensure we make the best decisions to reach potential.
8. Be effective: create systems that others follow; teach others to do the work and answer questions themselves.
9. Provide superb analyses and recommendations for budgets and business plans; Create clear job descriptions for all your staff.
10. Push all open issues to a clearly identifiable and tangible conclusion/solution. Leave nothing open.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS: The successful candidate will be an extraordinary leader and team player who can successfully work and lead in a disruptive and expansive market environment. S/he will take an entrepreneurial approach to the business, bringing a creative spark and fresh thinking to how the Company can grow and expand.
The ideal candidate will be an upbeat, charismatic executive with very strong communications and interpersonal skills, and be comfortable working as part of a team in a non-political organization structure. This executive will be a good high-level strategic thinker but will be energized by the practical activities required to make things happen. The successful Chief Operating Office will be able to manage multiple tasks: handling urgent matters without ever losing sight of mid-and long-term planning.