Plant Manager for Cannabis Labratory
Manufacturing | Woodland Hills, CA | Full Time
Join one of the largest and fastest growing cannabis organizations. Be in a position to massively influence how an industry is forged.
This role will help with project design and construction of a commercial plant. In this plant, we are manufacturing cannabis concentrates. During the project design phase, you will be responsible for operations related to design and safety reviews, developing operations staffing plan, working with the technical team to develop operator training, working on commissioning plan, and safe commissioning and start-up.
The successful candidate will take responsibility for all aspects of safety, quality, staffing, production goals, cost management and other day-to-day aspects of running a chemical plant.
Relocation is required. The city is undisclosed but is in a scenic and desirable area in North-Central California.
Key Role Qualifications:
- BS degree in engineering. Advanced degree desirable. Chemical Engineering desirable
- 15 years minimum in operations management roles in small to medium chemical company or related field
- Demonstrated experience in a senior operations role in driving an organization to world-class safety. Good knowledge and awareness of safety systems (PSM etc)
- Be a proactive and engaging leader who will set the tone for his/her organization, and be able to energize, motivate, and develop a top-notch operations team
- Track record of developing staff and team members
- Solid technical base and critical thinking skills that contribute to the analysis of complex situations
- Knowledge of and ability to implement High Performing Work Systems for a self-managing workforce
- Be able to represent a positive image of the company in the local community as well as interact with local officials, neighbors, businesses
- Ability to balance priorities of local environment and needs with work of a fast-paced and changing environment
- Exhibits the highest ethical standards
- Knowledge of quality systems (Six-sigma certification a plus)
- Ability to manage the performance of team members, contractors, and other partners who impact objectives
- Ability to collaborate across functional and organizational lines and capable of working with all levels of individuals and cultures
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, interpersonal, and cross-cultural). Ability to tailor communications to a specific audience
- Is motivated by company mission and fits well into senior management team and culture of collaboration and accountability