Cannabis Lead Formulation Chemist (Flavoring Expert)
Manufacturing | Greater Los Angeles Area | Full Time
Join one of the largest and fastest growing cannabis organizations. Be in a position to massively influence how an industry is forged.
BASIC FUNCTION: We are seeking a Senior Flavor Scientist to "own" the flavor profiles of all strains and ensure our flavor profiles are consistent every single batch. The ideal candidate will be responsible for mixing our flavor profiles which can include 5-15 individual terpenes. Quality and consistency are extremely crucial to this role so we will be looking for someone who can help us create a QC process and develop our SOPs to ensure we can meet these goals.
In addition to the flavor profiles, this individual will also need to be able to work with the varying oils which we produce and can range in viscosity and flavor/aroma.
- Develop new formulations from concept to commercialization.
- Identify and evaluate materials for alternates and potential cost savings options.
- Conduct Shelf life studies on products.
- Reformulate existing products for product improvements or based on cost savings opportunities.
- Function as a technical resource for various departments.
- Provide process direction and recommendations to manufacturing for new and existing formulas.
- Lead projects using sound project management practices.
- Drive Innovation by contributing idea generation of new product/concepts that leverage new ingredients and or processing in the natural product category.
- Other job responsibilities as assigned.
- 2-5 years of experience developing flavors in the food or beverage industry (or similar)
- Strong knowledge of food science, health, and nutrition, food manufacturing processes, quality assurance principles, ingredient supply market and market research practices
- Ability to work in a lab and manufacturing scale environments
- Ability to build and leverage relationships with ingredient suppliers to advance product development projects
- Organization and presentation skills
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Collection, documentation, analysis, and interpretation of data
- Good verbal and written communication skills, analytical skills and the ability to work with professional and nonprofessional personnel
POSITION HOURS: Full-time
COMPENSATION: $60,000.00 to $125,000.00 /year
EDUCATION: Bachelors of Science degree in Food Science, Nutrition or Chemistry preferred.
The ideal candidate will be an upbeat, motivated and focused individual that is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. The successful technician will be comfortable managing multiple tasks while simultaneously keeping to a strict schedule.