Human Resources Specialist
Human Resources | Chicago, IL | Full Time
Flowers for Dreams is ushering in a craft flower movement. Locally crafted flowers for fair and honest prices across locations in Chicago, Milwaukee, and Detroit, as well as overnight shipping to most of the Great Lakes region. Every bouquet benefits an amazing local charity. Named one of Business Insider's Most Inspiring Companies in America.
We're looking for a capable HR specialist to help recruit & support our growing workforce. This passionate people-person would be responsible for payroll, administration, recruitment and more to support the company's strategic plan. The position is based in Chicago with 2 day/week remote flexibility.
- Manage the recruitment, documentation, and onboarding of all staff.
- Responsible for talent acquisition through screening and interviews.
- Administer key employee programs including benefits, insurance, and leave.
- Coordinate payroll processing, bonuses, and commission management.
- 3+ years experience in mid-level or generalist human resources role.
- Demonstrated knowledge of key state & federal employment regulations.
- High-energy, positive personality with keen interest in building great culture & teams.
- Shared values with the Flowers for Dreams brand.
Cover letter required. In <2-3 paragraphs, please detail what draws you to the role, your informative experience(s), and shared values & excitement about the Flowers for Dreams brand.