Director of Finance & Accounting
Finance | Chicago, IL | Full Time
Flowers for Dreams is ushering in a craft flower movement. Locally crafted flowers for fair and honest prices across locations in Chicago, Milwaukee, and Detroit, as well as overnight shipping to most of the Great Lakes region. Every bouquet benefits an amazing local charity. Named one of Business Insider's Most Inspiring Companies in America.
We're looking for a senior financial & accounting leader to help our company grow to yet another level. This analytical director would be responsible for budgeting, forecasting, and accounting processes to support the company's strategic plans. The position is based in Chicago with 2 day/week remote flexibility.
- Maintain chart of accounts & general ledger in compliance with GAAP.
- Prepare financial models, monthly statements, journal entries & reconciliations.
- Manage employee payroll, benefits, and insurance in tandem with HR.
- Work with company accountant to distribute IRS forms & complete tax filings.
- Support CEO as key liaison to legal and banking relationships.
- 5+ years experience in mid-level or senior corporate accounting roles.
- Strong analytical skills with keen interest in numbers; Quickbooks expertise a plus.
- Ability to design flexible financial models on the go, and adapt to changing processes.
- Passionate problem solver with shared values to the Flowers for Dreams brand.
Cover letter required. In 2-4 paragraphs, please detail what draws you to the role, your informative experience(s), and shared values & excitement about the Flowers for Dreams brand.