Team Building Specialist
Wellness and Health | Brooklyn, NY | Part Time and Contract
Fit 4 Life NYC Team-Building Specialists
Middle School After School program in Brooklyn, meets Monday – Friday, from 3 PM – 4:30 PM, designed to incorporate Team Building, Meditation with Community Circle Conversations around current events, community concerns, and middle school ups and downs. The specialist will tag team the class with another Fit 4 Life NYC team member.
This unique and customized program is a combination of overall well-being and team-building mixed with open communication.
As one of the Fit 4 Life NYC team members teaching the class, you will be responsible for:
- Using team building fitness activities as a way for students to trust and depend on each other
- Using Yoga and/or Meditation as a way for students to be centered and open to talking about issues that they may not be comfortable discussing with their teachers (i.e. relationships, the current President, growing up in an underserved community with limited resources)
- Creating a trusting, open and engaging community circle with 15-20 students
About Fit 4 Life NYC
We are committed to supporting schools, non-profit organizations and under-served communities in creating healthy and active environments. We accomplish this by offering an array of programs including Physical Education classes, school day and after school enrichment and fitness classes for teachers and parents.
We are looking for people who are passionate about living an active lifestyle and can embrace our PLAY WITH A PURPOSE motto. As a member of Fit 4 Life NYC, we want you to be inspired in your professional life and supported in your personal life. We want you to build your skills and grow with our family. We want you to give back to your community and to yourself.
As one of our Yoga and Team Building Specialists you will have the opportunity to stand out and make a distinct impact. You will be given a rare opportunity to do good for the NYC community while undertaking a fast paced and dynamic growth opportunity Our small team contributes to an environment where your work is noticed.
Job Description for Fit 4 Life NYC Yoga and Team Building Specialists
The Part-Time Yoga and Team Building Specialists has overall accountability for the growth, quality and success of a program for middle school children.
- Must be available to work Monday – Fridays from 3:00 PM – 4:30 PM
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred with preference in Education, Psychology, or Social Work.
- Counseling, team-building and/or group work with middle schoolers experience preferred
- Strong communication, group facilitation and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teambuilding skills.
- Must pass pre-employment background investigation including but not limited to employment history and criminal background check
How to Apply and Position Information
- Must be available for orientation and training
- Program start and end date: present – June 22nd
- Program Time: 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM, Monday - Friday
- Hourly rate is $20 - $30 per hour depending on experience
- Opportunities to substitute with the company outside of program hours
- Please email your cover letter and resume detailing your experience as it relates to the Team Building Specialist position. In the subject please write: Team Building Specialist
- Your cover letter should answer the following questions:
- your interest in the Team Building Specialist position
- describe how you have a Fit 4 Life active lifestyle
- let us know who your hero is and why
- Only qualified candidates who provide all the above outlined in the “how to apply” will be contacted