Teacher Assistants for Youth Athletics and Movement Program
Youth Sports, Fitness and Dance | Brooklyn, NY | Part Time and Contract
Teacher Assistants for Youth Athletics and Movement-Based Programs in NYC for the 2017-2018 School Year
Are you a Fitness, Sports or Creative Movement enthused who is looking to get started in youth development, then Fit 4 Life NYC may be for you!
Fit 4 Life NYC is a certified B-Corporation that operates and is driven by our mission and commitment to supporting schools, non-profit organizations and under-served communities in creating healthy and active environments. We accomplish this by offering an array of programs including Physical Fitness classes, school day and after school enrichment and fitness classes for teachers and parents.
We are looking for purpose-driven people who are excited about changing the lives of young people, while sharing and following their own advice when it comes to fitness. Fit 4 Life NYC is looking for someone who can embrace our PLAY WITH A PURPOSE motto.
As a member of Fit 4 Life NYC, we want you to be inspired in your professional life and supported in your personal life. We want you to build your skills and grow with our family. We want you to give back to your community and to yourself while learning how to work in youth development.
We are currently seeking Teacher Assistants for Fitness, Athletics and Creative Movement-Based After-School Programs in NYC (Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens and Harlem).
He/She will be responsible for assisting our Sports, Fitness and Creative/Movement Specialists with teaching elementary school-aged children. The Teacher Assistants will assist with classroom management, lesson planning, providing a safe and structured environment and dismissal.
If you are a fitness, sports and dance enthused professional looking to gain experience in coaching and/or teaching and you want to help children live active lives, then we encourage you to apply.
DETAILS OF EACH POSITION FOR AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM:
- Location: NYC: Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx and Harlem
- Grades: Elementary - Middle School
- Number of students per class: 20-30
- Teaching Space: Classroom space, lunchroom and hallway
- Program Start Date: Present - June 30th
- MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR ORIENTATION AND STAFF TRAININGS THROUGHOUT THE YEAR
- Time of Program: MUST BE AVAILABLE MONDAYS - FRIDAYS during AFTER SCHOOL HOURS
- (3 PM - 6 PM)
In order to be considered for the position you MUST email the following as an attachment:
A detailed cover letter must indicate the following:
- why you are interested in youth development and being a Teacher Assistant at Fit 4 Life NYC
- how you lead a fit and active lifestyle
- what do you know about Fit 4 Life NYC and why you are interested in working with us
A resume detailing your experience in coaching or teaching as a Teacher Assistant in an afterschool setting
3 professional references
- Minimum of 6-months of experience in coaching/teaching groups of elementary school children.
- A passion for fitness and health
- A passion for teaching your specialty to youth
- Group and classroom management skills
- Customer service and organization skills
- A clear demonstration of success in working with children (verified by references) at elementary school level
- Up to date fingerprint clearance by the NYC Department of Education or Department of Health. If you are not currently fingerprinted you will be required to complete it before starting.
- Instructors must participate in orientation and professional development prior to start date and during school year session.
- On-going technical assistance and resources will be provided along with ongoing staff
development training and support. You will learn the latest teaching techniques in the areas
of classroom management, lesson planning, creating an all-inclusive environment and more.
You must be available for trainings and orientation
How to apply:
Email your cover letter, resume and references as an attachment (Word or PDF preferred). Please no phone calls. You will be contacted if we find that your resume and experience meet our requirements.