Substitute Specialist for Sports, Fitness and Dance Programs
Youth Sports and Fitness Program | Brooklyn, NY | Part Time and Contract
Fit 4 Life NYC is seeking professional Substitute Specialists for our Sports, Group Fitness and Creative Movement Programs during 2017-2018 School Year
If you have a flexible schedule, have a passion for teaching and/or coaching, then this may be for you!
We are looking for purpose-driven people who have a flexible schedule and are excited about changing the lives of our youth in underserved communities throughout NYC's underserved communities, while sharing and following their passion for sports (traditional and non-traditional), fitness or dance/creative movement. At Fit 4 Life NYC our mission is to fill the activity gap through our PLAY WITH A PURPOSE motto. As a member of our team, you can take your fun, fit and healthy skills to the next level and grow with our company.
So, if you are interested in teaching Sports, Fitness (Kickboxing, Cardio Fitness, Circuit Training) or Creative Movement (Various Styles of Dance, Theater Arts), and you are enthused professional with a flexible schedule who is serious about teaching, ending the rising childhood obesity rates and helping both children and adults live active lives, then you are who we are looking for and we encourage you to apply.
DETAILS OF POSITIONS:
Locations: BROOKLYN, QUEENS, SOUTH BRONX AND HARLEM
Grade Level: ELEMENTARY - HIGH SCHOOL (K-12TH GRADE)
Teacher: Student Ratio: 1:25
Active Learning Space: Taught in classroom, multipurpose room, gym or outdoors
Days/Approximate Time: Monday-Friday (Hours vary between 2:45 PM-6:00 PM)
Approximate Program Duration: September 2017-June 2018
Rate: $15-$25 per hour depending on experience and program budget
- You MUST HAVE A FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE and be available to serve as one of our SUBSTITUTE SPECIALIST throughout the 2017-2018
- You must be available for paid- training prior to the start and during the school year
* Minimum of 1-year experience coaching/teaching elementary, middle and/or high-school youth
* MUST BE PASSIONATE AND COMMITTED ABOUT WORKING WITH YOUTH
* Experience teaching your specialty as a lead instructor and classroom management
* A passion for teaching your specialty to youth and adults
* Flexibility and availability to teach 1-5 days per week
* Strong group and classroom management skills.
* Experience with lesson planning
* Customer service and organization skills
* A clear demonstration of success in working with children (verified by references) and adults
In order to be considered for the position you MUST send resume, cover letter, sample lesson plan and 3 professional references as an email ATTACHMENT.
Please include in your cover letter
- why you will make a great Fit 4 Life NYC instructor/coach
- your current availability, including the days and times you are available to teach during the week
- your dance or creative movement discipline and/or sport you teach and/or coach.