Martial Arts and Youth Sports/Fitness Instructor
Youth Sports and Fitness Program | Brooklyn, NY | Part Time
Is coaching and working with youth your dream job? Are you committed and passionate about fitness? Do you find yourself always talking to your friends and family about living a healthy lifestyle? Is your motto, “work hard, play hard”? If you answered YES to all those questions then you may be the right candidate for a position at Fit 4 Life NYC!
We are looking for purpose-driven people who are excited about changing the lives of young people, while sharing and following their own advice when it comes to fitness. Fit 4 Life NYC is looking for people who can embrace our PLAY WITH A PURPOSE motto. As a member of our team, you can take your fun, fit and healthy skills to the next level and grow with our company. Working with under-served youth is an opportunity for you to give back to your community.
We are currently seeking Martial Arts, Youth Sports, and Fitness Instructors for after-school programming to teach middle-school aged children part-time at our partner schools and organizations in and around NYC.
So if you are a youth development and sports, fitness or creative movement enthused professional who is serious about ending the rising childhood obesity rates and you want to help NYC children become Fit 4 Life, then we encourage you to apply.
DETAILS OF POSITIONS:
• Location: BROOKLYN, NY
• Grade Level: MIDDLE SCHOOL
• Teacher: Student Ratio: 1:22
• Learning Space: Taught in classroom, gym and outdoor space
• Days/Approximate Time: Days and Times Vary; Monday-Friday 2:30-6:00 PM
• Approximate Program Duration: Now - June, 2017
• Rate: $25-$30 per hour/based on experience, placement and school's budget
• Substitute Teaching opportunities available
- Experience coaching/teaching elementary and/or middle school children.
- Experience teaching your specialty as a lead instructor in an elementary/middle school, afterschool and/or camp setting
- A passion for teaching/coaching youth
- Strong group, behavioral and classroom management skills
- Experience with lesson planning
- Customer service and organization skills
- A clear demonstration of success in working with children (verified by references) at elementary and/or middle school level
- Up to date fingerprint clearance by the NYC Department of Education and DOH. If you are not currently finger-printed you will be required to complete it before starting.
In order to be considered for the position you MUST send resume, cover letter, sample lesson plan and 3 professional references as an email ATTACHMENT
A detailed cover letter must indicate the following:
- your experience and passion for teaching as well as the form of dance you teach
- your availability
- the type of lessons and activities we can expect to see in your classroom
- which position you are interested in applying for
- what do you know about Fit 4 Life NYC and why you are interested in contracting with us
Please write in the subject: Martial Arts, Youth Sports, and Fitness Instructor for after-school programs. Do not apply if you are not available on the days to work indicated above or if you are not able to work in the locations listed. Please no phone calls. You will be contacted if we find that your resume and experience meet our requirements.