CT Technologist (PRN)
Office | Sandy Springs, GA | Contract
1st Care Management
- Operates CT equipment, power injectors, and other medical equipment to produce scans (x-rays) for diagnostic and invasive procedures.
- Provides quality care to the patients receiving diagnostic and interventional radiology procedures.
- Prepares the patients with proper sterile technique.
- Communicates patient needs and responses through appropriate verbal and written correspondence.
- Ensures documentation is complete and accurate regarding all aspects of patient care.
- Responsible for proper operation of imaging and specialty equipment as well as keeps abreast of uses of medical devices.
- Takes precautions to minimize patient and staff exposure to x-radiation.
- Assumes responsibility and provides direct care for all procedures performed in this area.
- Ensures that patients have been prepared for procedures.
- Provides quality care to patients during procedures. Assists with patient and family education.
- May support or assist in research and related activities.
- Demonstrates an adequate knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy and physiology.
- Provides more complex technical care necessary to meet identified patient needs.
- Assists with performing and planning multiple diagnostic procedures in appropriate time sequence.
- Acts as a resource for students and junior techs.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Must be a graduate of an accredited school of Radiologic Technology and at a minimum be registered with the ARRT. CPR certification required. Must have a minimum of two (2) years experience, with one (1) year in CT. Advanced certification in CT preferred.