Product | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Fingerprint is seeking a highly motivated UI/UX Lead to join our San Francisco, CA team. The UI/UX Lead will work closely with Product and Engineering teams to drive design ideas, concepts, to final specs. As an important member of the Fingerprint team, the UI/UX Lead is responsible for product UX, visual and creative direction of a group of products within a team environment.
Who Are You?
- You are a seasoned Designer with proven experience in building successful digital products for a variety of platforms.
- You have been responsible for product UX, visual and creative direction of a digital product suite
- You like doing hands on work on a daily basis.
- You can move seamlessly between interaction and visual design.
- You can take ideas from concept to wireframe to design to final spec.
- You can balance the needs of the business, technology, brand, and user in all designs.
- You have grown and led design teams in technology based organizations.
- You are connected to the design community and love innovating.
- You’re a great team player and love collaborating.
- You’re fun to be around.
What You'll Be Doing
- Leading Fingerprint’s design direction, strategy, team, and vision.
- Collaborating with other teams (engineering, product, marketing, etc.) and playing a key leadership role in crafting strategy and execution of our visual design, brand aesthetic, user experience, product strategy and processes.
- Managing, mentoring and continuing to build a talented team of designers, ensuring the team works and grows in an open, cohesive way with other functions.
- Setting, maintaining and clearly communicating design priorities, deadlines and processes.
- Leading and contributing design concepts across product and marketing and delivering high quality, multi-platform designs in line with business goals.
- Lead and manage the product design team through ideation, UX design, visual design and creative production for Fingerprint and our customer’s mobile products.
- Connect our UX across web, mobile, and smart TVs to create a seamless experience while also addressing user requirements unique to each platform.
- Work cross functionally to help identify user requirements to shape and prioritize features.
- Be data driven - embrace A/B and usability testing to understand which design/interactions work best - use these insights to continually improve our user experience.
- Provide hands on direction for the development and production of all digital assets.
- Support Fingerprint’s product execution with our customers on the web and through all applicable App stores.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong design background building and shipping amazing digital products.
- 5-8 years of experience designing products plus experience managing a team
- A portfolio that shows a range of customer focused or user focused software design solutions.
- Experience balancing creative and analytical design goals.
- A visual taste that will satisfy both Fingerprint and our customers in new directions.
- An awareness of the strengths, weaknesses and constraints of popular technologies and mediums.
- Ability to thrive and effectively communicate in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- A passion for making beautiful, engaging products.
- Work cross functionally and help identify user requirements to shape and prioritize feature sets across multiple platforms.
- Create an environment that fosters high quality creative output .
- Strong business acumen.
- Knowledge of key design tools including: Photoshop, Illustrator, and business products like Power Point and Key Note.
- Ability to create interactive prototypes to test and share ideas.
- Familiarity with motion graphics and know how to apply it to UI transitions and interactions.
- You know front-end code well enough that you can read and potentially write it.
- You're highly motivated and extremely organized and can intuitively manage multiple projects and processes.
- Ability to work in the U.S. at Fingerprint's San Francisco office.